|Directed by||B. S. Ranga|
|Screenplay by||Kovvali Lakshmi Narasimha Rao|
|Starring||V. Nagayya, G. Varalakshmi, Vallam Narasimha Rao, Jamuna|
|Cinematography||B. S. Ranga|
|24 September 1954|
The film was dubbed into Tamil as Jaya Gopi  and released in 1955. The film was a remake of 1953 Hindi film Bhagyawan and its Marathi version Soubhagya. Ranga also planned to dub it into Kannada and engaged his friend and popular writer Chi. Sadasivaiah to pen the dialogue. But for some reason he gave up the idea. In 1981, Sadasivaiah's lyricist-son Chi. Udayashankar suggested to Kannada matinee idol Rajkumar to remake Maa Gopi. Ranga himself directed the Kannada version, titled Bhagyavantha introducing Rajkumar's youngest son Master Lohit Puneeth Rajkumar in the title role. This too was a big hit.
Discover more about Cast related topics
Music was composed by the duo Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy.
Lyrics were penned by Anisetty Subbarao.
|Song No.||Song||Singer/s||Duration (m:ss)|
|1||"O Muddu Papa… Naa Muddu Gopi"||R. Balasaraswathi Devi|
|2||"Desadesamula Yasam Ganchumaa"||T. Sathiyavathi|
|3||"Ledayyo Mukti Ledayyo"||Pithapuram Nageswara Rao|
|3||"Maa Vadina Maa Vadina"||Jikki & K. Rani|
|3||"Jali Jaliga Eḍakavayya"||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|3||"Yuvatī Yuvakula Manamanta"|
Lyrics were penned by Ka. Mu. Sheriff & Kannadasan (The song book information says the dance song was penned by Ka. Mu. Sheriff while all other songs were penned by Kannadasan). Playback singers are P. Leela, Jikki, R. Balasaraswathi Devi, A. P. Komala, S. C. Krishnan & B. Nageswara Rao.
|Song No.||Song||Singer/s||Lyrics||Duration (m:ss)|
|1||"O Mutthu Papa Vaa Mutthu Gopi"||R. Balasaraswathi Devi||Kannadasan|
|3||"Oonjalil Oyyaara Ullaasam"||Jikki||03:17|
|4||"Karunai Ullame"||V. Nagayya||03:09|
|6||"Poorva Jenman Cheidha"|
|7||"Amma Kaaveri Un"|
|8||"Mana Magizhndhen"||Jikki, AP. Komala||03:21|
|10||"Veliye Poyittu"||Ka. Mu. Sheriff|
Discover more about Soundtrack related topics
The film was a success at the box office.
Tenali Ramakrishna (film)
Ramu (1968 film)
Devudu Chesina Manushulu (1973 film)
Undamma Bottu Pedata
Sarada (1962 film)
Sati Savitri (1957 film)
Tenali Raman (film)
- M. L. Narasimhan (4 January 2014). "Maa Gopi (1954)". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 9 March 2017. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Film News Anandan (23 October 2004). Sadhanaigal Padaitha Thamizh Thiraipada Varalaru [History of Landmark Tamil Films] (in Tamil). Chennai: Sivakami Publishers. Archived from the original on 19 March 2016.
- "Bhagyawan (1953) | Hindi Movie Plot - Bollywood MuVyz".
- "Maa Gopi (1954) - the Hindu". www.thehindu.com. Archived from the original on 9 March 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2022.
- 1955 films
- All Wikipedia articles written in Indian English
- Articles with short description
- CS1 Tamil-language sources (ta)
- CS1 maint: archived copy as title
- Films scored by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy
- Indian drama films
- Indian films
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Telugu-language films
- Telugu remakes of Hindi films
- Use Indian English from March 2017
- Use dmy dates from March 2017
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.