Live '88 (Supertramp album)
|Live album by|
|Released||6 October 1988|
|Recorded||March – April 1988|
|Genre||Progressive rock, pop rock, art rock|
|Producer||Rick Davies, Tom Lord-Alge, Supertramp|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021)
|The Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
Live '88 is the second live album by the English rock band Supertramp released in October 1988 on A&M Records.
Discover more about Live '88 (Supertramp album) related topics
Originally recorded on two track cassette direct from the sound board for Rick Davies' use, Live '88 features the 4 piece lineup of the group augmented by additional players including Mark Hart (later a permanent member of the group and a future member of Crowded House) playing guitar and singing songs originally sung by Roger Hodgson. Live '88 was initially not intended for a commercial release, but Davies was so pleased with the vibe of the performances he authorized A&M to put it out.
Live '88 was only available in print very briefly. The album features two cover songs, "Hoochie Coochie Man" by Willie Dixon and "Don't You Lie To Me (I Get Evil)". The rest of the album consists of performances from the band's last set list to promote Free as a Bird (1987), along with a handful of numbers from throughout their career.
The band went on hiatus shortly after this album's release. Live '88 has not returned to print, unlike most of the Supertramp discography, and there are no songs from this release represented on the Retrospectacle: The Supertramp Anthology release.
Discover more about Overview related topics
- All songs by Rick Davies/Roger Hodgson, except where noted.
Lead vocals by Rick Davies, except tracks 5 and 10 lead vocals by Mark Hart.
- "You Started Laughing" – 1:47
- "It's Alright" (Rick Davies) – 5:31
- "Not the Moment" (Davies) – 4:40
- "Bloody Well Right" – 6:20
- "Breakfast in America" 2:52
- "From Now On" – 7:56
- "Free as a Bird" (Davies) – 4:43
- "Oh Darling" – 3:45
- "Just Another Nervous Wreck" – 4:36
- "The Logical Song" – 4:07
- "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man" (Willie Dixon) – 4:32
- "Don't You Lie to Me (I Get Evil)" (Hudson Whittaker) – 2:48
- "Crime of the Century" – 6:42
Tracks 8, 9 and 10 recorded at Palacio de los Deportes, Madrid, Spain 24 March 1988
Discover more about Track listing related topics
- Rick Davies – keyboards, vocals, harmonica
- Mark Hart – keyboards, guitar, vocals
- John Helliwell – saxophone, keyboards, backing vocals
- Dougie Thomson – bass, backing vocals
- Bob Siebenberg – drums
- Marty Walsh – guitar, backing vocals
- Brad Cole – keyboards, saxophones
- Steve Reid – percussion
Discover more about Personnel related topics
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||50|
Source: "Live '88 (Supertramp album)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_'88_(Supertramp_album).
Get our FREE extension now!
Crisis? What Crisis?
Is Everybody Listening?
Slow Motion (Supertramp album)
Dreamer (Supertramp song)
Give a Little Bit
My Kind of Lady
It Was the Best of Times
The Very Best of Supertramp 2
Bloody Well Right
Songs from the Road (Jeff Healey album)
List of Supertramp band members
- ^ Larkin, Colin (2006). Encyclopedia of Popular Music. Vol. 7 (4th ed.). Oxford University Press. p. 857. ISBN 0195313739.
- ^ "Offiziellecharts.de – Supertramp – Live '88" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 13 January 2021.
- 1988 live albums
- A&M Records live albums
- Album articles lacking alt text for covers
- Album chart usages for Germany4
- Albums produced by Tom Lord-Alge
- All articles needing additional references
- Articles needing additional references from January 2021
- Articles with MusicBrainz release group identifiers
- Articles with hAudio microformats
- Articles with short description
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Supertramp live albums
- Use dmy dates from June 2011
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.