Lapland University of Applied Sciences
|Kemi-Tornio UAS and Rovaniemi UAS|
Motto in English
|The Northern Factor|
|Budget||EUR 43 million|
Lapland University of Applied Sciences (Finnish: Lapin Ammattikorkeakoulu), in short Lapland UAS (Finnish: Lapin AMK), is a Finnish polyethnic university located in the cities of Kemi, Tornio and Rovaniemi. It was founded on January 1, 2014 as a merger between Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences and Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences. The merger carried over all the features of the previous organizations in an expanded organization form.
The institution has roughly 5000 students and 500 staff working on the three campuses.
Lapland UAS has two distinct schools, the school of Northern Well-being and services, and the school of School of Arctic Natural Resources and Economy.
Discover more about Lapland University of Applied Sciences related topics
Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences was established in 1992. Rovaniemi University of Applied Sciences was established in 1996. Together with the University of Lapland, they were and the new Lapland University of Applied Sciences is part of the Lapland University Consortium.
Kemi and Tornio are situated in the Finnish Lapland, close to the Swedish border on the Gulf of Bothnia and Rovaniemi is situated further north and inland close to the arctic circle.
Lapland UAS offers a variety of study options for Finnish speakers in fields such as hospitality, health and welfare, communications, arts, and business administration.
For international students, Lapland UAS has five bachelor's programs taught in english, and one master's level program.
|Bachelors programs in English||Master's programs in English|
|International Business||Master of Business Administration (Online)|
|International Sport Business and Management|
|Machine Learning and Data Engineering|
Source: "Lapland University of Applied Sciences", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 31st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapland_University_of_Applied_Sciences.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Who we are - Lapland UAS". Lapland University of Applied Sciences. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- ^ "Bachelor′s degrees - Lapland UAS". Lapland University of Applied Sciences. Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- ^ "Digital business management - Lapland UAS". Lapland University of Applied Sciences (in Finnish). Retrieved 2023-01-31.
- 1992 establishments in Finland
- 1996 establishments in Finland
- 2014 establishments in Finland
- All articles lacking sources
- All articles needing coordinates
- Articles lacking sources from December 2016
- Articles missing coordinates without coordinates on Wikidata
- Articles using infobox university
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WorldCat-VIAF identifiers
- Education in Lapland (Finland)
- Educational institutions established in 1992
- Educational institutions established in 1996
- Educational institutions established in 2014
- Finland articles missing geocoordinate data
- Universities and colleges in Finland
- Vocational education
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.