|Formerly||Lakeshore Entertainment Group, LLC (1994–2021)|
|Parent||Vine Alternative Investments/Village Roadshow Entertainment Group (2019–present)|
|Subsidiaries||Off the Dock (2015–18)|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2021)
Lakeshore Entertainment Group, LLC is an American independent film production, finance, and former international sales and distribution company founded in 1994 by Tom Rosenberg and Ted Tannebaum (1933–2002). Lakeshore Entertainment is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California. The company produced over 60 films, including the Academy Award-winning Million Dollar Baby. Sigurjón Sighvatsson was the company's first president and served from its founding until 1998. He was replaced by producer Gary Lucchesi. The company also had a record label division, Lakeshore Records. In 2013, the company launched a television division, and in 2015, they launched a digital studio, Off the Dock, that targets the YouTube demographic.
Lakeshore Records was the independent music division of Lakeshore Entertainment. They had begun as Will Records, which was founded by Skip Williamson in the early 1990s. As Will Records they released albums by artists such as Grandaddy (starting with their debut A Pretty Mess by This One Band). In 2000, Will Records acquired the catalogue of recently closed Loosegroove Records (a catalogue that included the debut full-length album by Queens of the Stone Age). Will Records and Lakeshore Entertainment partnered to form Lakeshore Records. In 2011, it signed a home video deal with Image Entertainment. In February 2020, it was announced that Lakeshore Records had been sold to Cutting Edge Group.
In March 2019, Lakeshore placed its film library up for sale. The library includes 300 titles, such as the New World Pictures library (which Lakeshore acquired in 1996). In October 2019, Lakeshore sold its library and international operation to Vine Alternative Investments for roughly $200 million. The company was renamed to Lakeshore Village Entertainment, LLC in 2021, a subsidiary of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group distributing content owned by Vine Alternative Investments.
Discover more about Lakeshore Entertainment related topics
- Bandwagon (1996)
- Box of Moonlight (1996)
- Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy (1996)
- Going All the Way (1997)
- 'Til There Was You (1997)
- Murder in Mind (1997)
- The Real Blonde (1997)
- Homegrown (1998)
- Polish Wedding (1998)
- Phoenix (1998)
- 200 Cigarettes (1999)
- Runaway Bride (1999)
- Arlington Road (1999)
- The Gift (2000)
- Autumn in New York (2000)
- The Next Best Thing (2000)
- Passion of Mind (2000)
- The Mothman Prophecies (2002)
- Bulletproof Monk (2003)
- Underworld (2003)
- The Hunted (2003)
- The Human Stain (2003)
- Purpose (2003)
- Singing Behind Screens (2003)
- Suspect Zero (2004)
- Wicker Park (2004)
- Madhouse (2004)
- The Keys to the House (2004)
- Million Dollar Baby (2004)
- The Cave (2005)
- Undiscovered (2005)
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
- Æon Flux (2005)
- Underworld: Evolution (2006)
- She's the Man (2006)
- Half Light (2006)
- Crank (2006)
- The Covenant (2006)
- The Last Kiss (2006)
- The Dead Girl (2006)
- Blood & Chocolate (2007)
- Feast of Love (2007)
- Elegy (2007)
- The Midnight Meat Train (2008)
- Untraceable (2008)
- Henry Poole Is Here (2008)
- Pathology (2008)
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009)
- Crank: High Voltage (2009)
- The Ugly Truth (2009)
- Gamer (2009)
- Fame (2009)
- The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
- Underworld: Endless War (2011)
- Underworld: Awakening (2012)
- One for the Money (2012)
- Gone (2012)
- Stand Up Guys (2012)
- I, Frankenstein (2014)
- Walk of Shame (2014)
- The Vatican Tapes (2015)
- The Age of Adaline (2015)
- The Boy (2016)
- American Pastoral (2016)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)
- Cover Versions (2018)
- Adrift (2018)
- A-X-L (2018)
- Peppermint (2018)
- The Wedding Year (2019)
- Brahms: The Boy II (2020)
- Heathers (Paramount Network) (2018) (co-production with Gyre & Grill Productions and Underground Films)
- Fast Layne (2019) (co-production with Disney Channel)
Discover more about Selected filmography related topics
This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items. (June 2019)
- The Gift
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Tropic Thunder
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Swiss Army Man
- Stranger Things
- The Predator
- Missing Link
- Rambo: Last Blood
- We Summon the Darkness
- Epic Movie
- The Spiderwick Chronicles
Discover more about Lakeshore Records related topics
Source: "Lakeshore Entertainment", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 1st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeshore_Entertainment.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "'Lakeshore Entertainment". Archived from the original on 2019-06-06. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- ^ Brodesser, Claude (2002-03-07). "Lakeshore's Tannebaum dies". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- ^ "Film equity players". Variety. 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- ^ Hammond, Pete (2005-12-15). "'Million Dollar' march". Variety. Retrieved 2015-05-27.
- ^ Hindes, Andrew (1998-07-24). "Sighvatsson ankles Lakeshore". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- ^ Carver, Benedict (1998-10-12). "Lucchesi pacts atop Lakeshore". Variety. Retrieved 2015-04-12.
- ^ Marechal, A. J. (2013-10-09). "Lakeshore Entertainment Launches TV Division Headed by Chad Hoffman". Variety. Retrieved 2015-05-27.
- ^ McNary, Dave (2015-03-26). "Lakeshore Launches Digital Studio With Justin Chon-Kevin Wu Comedy". Variety. Retrieved 2015-05-27.
- ^ a b Celebritywonder.com Pathology: about the filmmakers
- ^ McNary, Dave (2011-04-26). "Image inks deal with Lakeshore". Variety. Retrieved 2020-11-07.
- ^ Burlingame, Jon (2020-02-24). "Cutting Edge Group Acquires Soundtrack Label Lakeshore Records (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2020-11-07.
- ^ "Lakeshore Entertainment Shops Film Library, Eyes Expansion into Television (EXCLUSIVE)". 8 March 2019.
- ^ "Vine Buys Lakeshore Entertainment Library & Int'l Sales Ops, Bringing Under Same Roof as Village Roadshow". 23 October 2019.
- ^ "Claim 111 on 2021 CD - eCRB". app.crb.gov. Retrieved November 6, 2022.
- ^ "LAKESHORE VILLAGE ENTERTAINMENT LLC :: California (US) :: OpenCorporates". Retrieved November 6, 2022.
- All articles needing additional references
- All articles with dead external links
- American independent film studios
- Articles needing additional references from July 2021
- Articles using small message boxes
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with dead external links from December 2017
- Articles with permanently dead external links
- Articles with short description
- Companies based in California
- Film distributors of the United States
- Film production companies of the United States
- Incomplete lists from June 2019
- Mass media companies disestablished in 2019
- Mass media companies established in 1994
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.