|Coordinates: 45°18′26″N 14°29′54″E / 45.30722°N 14.49833°ECoordinates: 45°18′26″N 14°29′54″E / 45.30722°N 14.49833°E|
|County||Primorje-Gorski Kotar County|
|• Mayor||Dražen Vranić (Ind.)|
|• City Council|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Kostrena (Italian: Costrena) is a Croatian municipality east of Rijeka on the Kvarner Bay. It is famous for its beaches and a long tradition of seafaring and seamanship. Because of its rocky beaches and a walkway that goes along the shoreline, it is very popular for recreation and sports. A scenic hill walk called Trim-staza is located on the northeast side of Kostrena. There have been some archeological excavations in Kostrena, discovering ruins from the Roman times. Lately, urban development has been increasing. Kostrena is also an industrialized suburb of Rijeka. An oil refinery and an oil power plant are located at Urinj and a shipyard Viktor Lenac is located in the bay of Martinšćica.
Discover more about Kostrena related topics
The local soccer club is NK Pomorac.
Kostrena is a popular place for scuba diving, offering a number of dive centers to do shore dives as well as some close shipwrecks located in the Kvarner Bay.
Monuments and sights
Art installation "Lacing Svežanj"
The art-design collective Numen/For Use devised the design of site-specific urban beach equipment and plans for the reorganization of the Svežanj beach in Kostrena. One piece of each such equipment, a prototype, is permanently placed on and around the aforementioned beach. The prototypes consist of new showers, a changing room, 3 types of benches that can be used on the renovated lookout, a refurbished lifeguard tower and a mast for the Blue Flag.
Source: "Kostrena", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, December 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kostrena.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Konačni rezultati izbora" (in Croatian). Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- ^ "Popis stanovništva 2011" (in Croatian). Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- ^ "Lungomare Art Kostrena - Lacing Svežanj - Numen/For Use • Rijeka 2020". Rijeka 2020. Retrieved 2021-04-26.
- AC with 0 elements
- All articles with dead external links
- All stub articles
- Articles containing Italian-language text
- Articles with dead external links from February 2020
- Articles with permanently dead external links
- Articles with short description
- CS1 Croatian-language sources (hr)
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Municipalities of Croatia
- Populated places in Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
- Primorje-Gorski Kotar County geography stubs
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Tourism in Rijeka
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.