Kingdom Story Company
|Formerly||Kingdom Studios (2019)|
Los Angeles, California
|Jon Erwin (CEO)|
Andrew Erwin (CCO)
Kevin Downes (Chief of Production and Distribution)
Tony Young (Chairman)
|Footnotes / references|
Kingdom Story Company (formerly known as Kingdom Studios), is an American film and television studio in partnership with Lionsgate specializing in the production of Christian films. It was founded in 2019 by the Erwin Brothers (Jon and Andrew Erwin), Kevin Downes, and Tony Young and has operations in Nashville, Tennessee and Los Angeles, California.
Discover more about Kingdom Story Company related topics
Kingdom was funded by profits from the Erwins' film I Can Only Imagine, which was released in early 2018 by Lionsgate, grossing more than $83 million at the domestic box office on a $7 million budget. Subsequent negotiations with Lionsgate culminated in a multi-year deal in which it was agreed that the Erwin Brothers and Kevin Downes would create faith-based feature films and television programming for the company. Lionsgate Motion Picture Group Chairman, Joe Drake, and Television Group Chairman, Kevin Beggs announced the agreement on August 9, 2018.
Kingdom Story Company was announced to have been launched on March 26, 2019 at the National Religious Broadcasters convention in Anaheim, California.
I Still Believe, Kingdom's first film project, began filming in the spring of 2019 and was released on March 13, 2020.
In September 2019, it was announced that Kingdom would be launching a television division, headed by The Big Bang Theory producer Mona Garcea.
After Kingdom acquired the film rights to NFL quarterback Kurt Warner's life story, interviews, and memoir, American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story was announced in February 2020, and released on December 25, 2021.
Discover more about History related topics
Kingdom Story Company intends to produce two faith-based films per year, and has of yet revealed four productions, each one slated for a prospective 2020 or 2021 wide release by Lionsgate. Each of the films were unveiled at the National Religious Broadcasters convention at Anaheim, California in March 2019.
I Still Believe is a biographical film on the life of Christian music artist Jeremy Camp during his first wife's struggle with cancer, and will be Kingdom's first film to be theatrically released. The other films announced are Apostles: Resurrection of Christ, which is to be the first in a trilogy based on the New Testament, Jesus Revolution, which is based on the events surrounding the Jesus Movement, and The Drummer Boy, which will be produced in cooperation with Christian music group For King and Country. American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story is to be a sports drama biopic based on the life of Kurt Warner.
Following is a list of Kingdom's planned films:
|Film||Director(s)||Prospective year of release||References|
|I Still Believe||Erwin Brothers||2020|||
|The Jesus Music||Erwin Brothers||2021|
|American Underdog||Erwin Brothers||2021|||
|Jesus Revolution||Jon Erwin & Brent McCorkle||2023|
|Ordinary Angels||Jon Gunn||2023|
|The Unbreakable Boy||Jon Gunn||TBA|||
|Apostles: Resurrection of Christ||Erwin Brothers|||
|The Drummer Boy||Joel and Luke Smallbone|
Discover more about Films related topics
Source: "Kingdom Story Company", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 21st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Story_Company.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b Mia Galuppo (March 27, 2019). "'I Can Only Imagine' Producers, Lionsgate Set Faith-Based Film Slate". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Michael Foust (March 28, 2019). "Erwins unveil details of unprecedented film venture". Baptist Press. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ a b Michael Foust (October 18, 2018). "Erwins unveil next plans, envision 'Christian Pixar'". Baptist Press. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ Jeannie Law (August 15, 2018). "New Christian Movies and TV Coming Soon; Lionsgate Signs Deal With 'I Can Only Imagine' Filmmakers". Christian Post. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ a b "Lionsgate Signs Multi-Platform Film and Television First-Look Deal With the Erwin Brothers and Kevin Downes". PRNewswire.com. August 9, 2018. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ "Lionsgate Studios Sign Erwin Brothers to Deal for Film & TV Projects". ChristianCinema.com. August 10, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- ^ Mirko Parlevliet (August 10, 2018). "Lionsgate Signs Film and TV Deal with the I Can Only Imagine Team". Vital Thrills. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- ^ a b c d e f Anthony D'Allessandro (March 27, 2019). "Kingdom Studios Unveils Faith-Based Lionsgate Slate: 'Jesus Revolution', 'Apostles: Resurrection Of Christ', 'Drummer Boy'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- ^ Caleb Parke (April 8, 2019). "Gary Sinise, KJ Apa will star in faith-based film 'I Still Believe' about singer Jeremy Camp". Fox News. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- ^ a b c d Anthony D'Allessandro (February 7, 2019). "Lionsgate Reunites With 'I Can Only Imagine' Team For 'I Still Believe' About Faith-Based Singer Jeremy Camp". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f Mirko Parlevliet (March 27, 2019). "Kingdom Studios Announces Faith-Based Slate with Lionsgate". Vital Thrills. Retrieved August 28, 2019.
- ^ Jeannie Law (September 15, 2019). "Christian company Kingdom launches TV division run by 'Big Bang Theory' producer". Christian Post. Retrieved December 6, 2019.
- ^ Margeaux Sippell (September 10, 2019). "Mona Garcea Joins Faith-Based Kingdom Studios as Head of Television". The Wrap. Retrieved December 6, 2019.
- ^ a b c Dino-Ray Ramos (February 4, 2020). "Erwin Brothers To Direct Kurt Warner Biopic, 'Friday Night Lights' Scribe David Aaron Cohen To Write". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- ^ Mirko Parlevliet (February 4, 2020). "Erwin Brothers to Direct American Underdog: The Kurt Warner Story". Vital Thrills. Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- ^ Dave McNary (February 4, 2020). "Lionsgate Developing Movie on Former NFL Player Kurt Warner". Variety. Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- ^ a b c d Etan Vlessing (February 4, 2020). "Kurt Warner Movie in the Works From Lionsgate and 'I Can Only Imagine' Team". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- ^ Michael Foust (March 28, 2019). "Filmmaker Erwin Brothers Announce 4 New Movies, Launch Studio". ChristianHeadlines.com. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- ^ a b c Leah MarieAnn Klett (March 29, 2019). "'I Can Only Imagine' team launches faith-based movie studio, announces four new films". Christian Post. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- ^ "The Unbreakable Boy Announcement on Twitter". November 23, 2021. Retrieved December 6, 2021.
- ^ "The Unbreakable Boy: Release Date, Cast, And More". October 1, 2021. Retrieved December 6, 2021.
- ^ Kathy Schiffer (March 9, 2020). "'I Still Believe' Will Touch Hearts, Strengthen Faith". National Catholic Register. Retrieved March 12, 2020.
- ^ Grobar, Matt (2022-03-24). "Hilary Swank & 'Reacher' Breakout Alan Ritchson To Lead Kingdom Story Company's 'Ordinary Angels'; Lionsgate Distributing". Deadline. Retrieved 2022-04-09.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.