Kierkegaard [ˈkʰiɐ̯kəˌkɒˀ] is a Danish surname, literally meaning church farm or church yard and colloquially meaning graveyard. Note that the double a is equivalent of å in common nouns and is retained from the pre-1948 orthography in proper nouns only.
Notable people with the surname include:
- Christer Kierkegaard (1918–1999), Swedish Navy rear admiral
- Niels Christian Kierkegaard (1806-1882), Danish painter
- Peter Kierkegaard (1805–1888), Danish theologian
- Søren Kierkegaard (1813–1855), Danish philosopher
- Sylvia Kierkegaard (1952–2015), Philippine law scholar
- Emil Kirkegaard, creator of OpenPsych
Source: "Kierkegaard (surname)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 25th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kierkegaard_(surname).
Get our FREE extension now!
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.