|Born||9 January 1991|
|Weight class||–48 kg, –52 kg|
|Achievements and titles|
|World Champ.||R16 (2010)|
|European Champ.||7th (2010)|
|Olympic Games||R16 (2012)|
|Profile at external databases|
|Updated on 25 November 2022.|
Her Great British international debut came in 2010 in Vienna, where she took seventh place in the European Judo Championships, aged only 19. In 2011, Edwards won gold in the European Cup in Málaga in the under 48kg class and also won her second British title at extra-lightweight.
In 2012, she again won gold in the British Open European Cup in Crawley. In June 2012, Edwards was chosen to represent Great Britain in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in the under 48 kg event, she was eliminated by Tomoko Fukumi.
In 2013, she won her third British title at the heavier weight of half-lightweight before representing England at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, in Glasgow, in the under 52kg class, where she won the silver medal, losing in the final to Louise Renicks on an indirect hansoku-make (for a fourth and final shido penalty) with 3 seconds remaining on the clock.
In 2015, she won her fourth and last British title.
|19 October 2013||3||European Open Rome|
|27 September 2014||7||European Open Tallinn|
|4 October 2014||5||European Open Glasgow|
|8 November 2014||3||African Open Port Louis|
|14 November 2014||2||Oceania Open Wollongong|
|17 January 2015||7||African Open Tunis|
|14 March 2015||3||African Open Casablanca|
|10 September 2016||3||European Open Tallinn|
|15 October 2016||1||European Open Glasgow|
|4 February 2017||7||European Open Sofia|
Discover more about Judo career related topics
- "Kelly Edwards". Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Kelly Edwards profile". Judo Inside. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- "British Judo Championship Results 2003 to present". British Judo. Retrieved 20 August 2022.
- "Kelly Edwards - Athlete profile". www.britishjudo.org.uk. Archived from the original on 24 September 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "European Cup Malaga, 2011, Spain". www.judoinside.com. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Britain's judokas win four more European Cup golds". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Kelly Edwards : Team GB London 2012 Olympics". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Sisters Kimberley and Louise Renicks start Scotland gold rush in judo". Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Kelly Edwards, Judoka, JudoInside". www.judoinside.com. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- 1990 births
- All stub articles
- Articles using sports links with data from Wikidata
- Articles with short description
- British judo biography stubs
- Commonwealth Games medallists in judo
- Commonwealth Games silver medallists for England
- English female judoka
- European Games competitors for Great Britain
- Judoka at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Judoka at the 2014 Commonwealth Games
- Judoka at the 2015 European Games
- Living people
- Olympic judoka of Great Britain
- People from Telford
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Use dmy dates from January 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.