Karl-Erik Nilsson (referee)
6 May 1957|
|Other occupation||Football administrator|
Karl-Erik Nilsson (born 6 May 1957) is the president of the Swedish Football Association, a post he has held since 23 March 2012. Nilsson is also a retired football referee.
Nilsson was born on 6 May 1957 in Emmaboda, Sweden. He studied to become an elementary school teacher, a profession he practised during the 1970s. Nilsson also worked in the correctional system of Sweden. As a politician for the Social Democratic Party, Nilsson was the chairman of the municipal board of Emmaboda Municipality between 1994 and 2006.
In the 1980s Nilsson started his career as a professional football referee. Nilsson supervised his first Allsvenskan match in 1992 and became a FIFA certified referee in 1994. He is best known for supervising matches during the UEFA Champions League (1999–2002). He was also a regular choice for leading international matches in the 1990s, for instance at the 1997 FIFA World Youth Championship. Nilsson's other official competitions included qualifiers for Euro 1996, Euro 2000, and the 1998 and 2002 World Cups. He also worked as a fourth official during UEFA Euro 1996.
The Swedish Football Association
After his career as a referee Nilsson remained in football and served as the chairman of Bohusläns Fotbollförbund until 2012. Nilsson was also active as a member of the boards of directors at the Swedish Football Association before he was elected president of the association on 23 March 2012 after Lars-Åke Lagrell resigned.
Discover more about Life related topics
Source: "Karl-Erik Nilsson (referee)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 20th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Erik_Nilsson_(referee).
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ UEFA.com (2017-04-05). "Karl-Erik Nilsson | Inside UEFA". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2023-03-20.
- ^ Kicker. "FC Chelsea - Hertha BSC 2:0, Champions League, Saison 1999/00, 6.Spieltag". 3 November 1999. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ UEFA. "Juventus 1-0 Arsenal". 20 March 2002. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ FIFA. "Match Officials for 1997 World Youth Championship in Malaysia Appointed". 21 March 1997. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.Archived 29 June 2013 at archive.today
- ^ UEFA. "Estonia 0-1 Lithuania". 16 August 1995. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ UEFA. "Yugoslavia 1-0 Republic of Ireland". 18 November 1998. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ FIFA. "Match Report - England - Moldova 4:0 (1:0)". 10 September 1997. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ FIFA. "Match Report - Cyprus - Portugal 1:3 (1:0)". 5 September 2001. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ UEFA. "Netherlands 0-0 Scotland". 10 June 1996. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
- ^ UEFA. "Nilsson takes Swedish Football Association helm". 27 March 2012. Retrieved on 9 May 2013.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.