Joseph T. Hallinan
Joseph T. "Joe" Hallinan is an American journalist and author. He has written on the criminal justice system in the United States.
While a journalist with the Indianapolis Star he and Susan M. Headden shared the 1991 Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting "for their shocking series on medical malpractice in the state." Hallinan was named a Nieman Fellow at Harvard. He has written Going Up the River: Travels in a Prison Nation (2001).
Hallinan has taught at a number of American colleges and universities, and was most recently a visiting professor at Vanderbilt University. He has appeared on a variety of radio and television programs in the U.S. and abroad, including NPR's Fresh Air with Teri Gross and The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News.
Hallinan is a 1984 magna cum laude graduate of Boston University. He lives in Chicago with his wife, Pamela Taylor, and their three children.
Discover more about Joseph T. Hallinan related topics
- Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, And Are All Pretty Sure We Are Way Above Average
- Going Up The River: Travels in a Prison Nation
- Kidding Ourselves
Source: "Joseph T. Hallinan", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, July 11th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_T._Hallinan.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Everybody Wants One". archive.nytimes.com.
- ^ a b "Pulitzer-Prize winning reporter to teach at Vanderbilt; The Wall Street Journal's Joseph Hallinan to instruct investigative writing course". Vanderbilt News. 29 December 2005. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- All stub articles
- American legal writers
- American non-fiction writer stubs
- Articles with NKC identifiers
- Articles with NLK identifiers
- Articles with NTA identifiers
- Articles with SUDOC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Boston University alumni
- Living people
- Nieman Fellows
- Non-fiction crime writers
- Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting winners
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- The Indianapolis Star people
- Year of birth missing (living people)
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.