Lady Justice Simler
|Lady Justice of Appeal|
|Assumed office |
|High Court Judge|
Queen's Bench Division
|Born||17 September 1963|
|Alma mater||Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge|
University of Amsterdam
Dame Ingrid Ann Simler, DBE (born 17 September 1963), styled The Rt Hon Lady Justice Simler, is a judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales.
She was educated at Henrietta Barnett School, Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge and the University of Amsterdam.
She was called to the bar at Inner Temple in 1987 and became a QC 2006. Simler was appointed a Recorder in 2002 and was a judge of the High Court of Justice (Queen's Bench Division) from 2013. She was President of the Employment Appeal Tribunal for a term of three years from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2018.
On 27 June 2018, it was announced that Simler was to be appointed to the Court of Appeal, an appointment she took up on 2 July 2019.
Simler was chair of the Equality and Diversity Committee of the Bar Council of England and Wales, and at the date of announcement of her appointment to the High Court bench in 2013 she was head of her chambers. She is the chair of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion sub-committee of the Inner Temple.
Discover more about Ingrid Simler related topics
Source: "Ingrid Simler", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 22nd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrid_Simler.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Senior judiciary". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- ^ ‘SIMLER, Ingrid Ann’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014
- ^ "President of the EAT & Upper Tribunal Chamber President of the Lands Chamber". Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- ^ "Biographies of the 7 newly appointed Court of Appeal Judges 2018". Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- ^ "101202 Bar Council minutes". barcouncil.org.uk. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- ^ "Ingrid Simler QC appointed to the High Court Bench | Devereux Chambers". www.devereuxchambers.co.uk. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- ^ "We Are Proud | Inner Temple". 3 July 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- 1963 births
- AC with 0 elements
- All stub articles
- Alumni of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge
- British law biography stubs
- British women judges
- Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- English King's Counsel
- English women judges
- Lady Justices of Appeal
- Living people
- Members of the Inner Temple
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- People educated at Henrietta Barnett School
- Queen's Bench Division judges
- University of Amsterdam alumni
- Use dmy dates from April 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.