This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in German. (November 2011) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
Hangar-7 is a building in Salzburg, Austria, hosting a collection of historical airplanes, helicopters and Formula One racing cars, and serving as home for the Flying Bulls, a private aircraft fleet stationed in Salzburg. Hangar-7 is owned by Red Bull founder Dietrich Mateschitz. It houses the Michelin-starred restaurant Ikarus, two bars and a lounge. The building is airfoil shaped, constructed of 1,200 tons of steel and 75,000 sqft of glass surface. "Hangar 8" is the name of the maintenance facility.
Discover more about Hangar-7 related topics
Hangar 7 was designed by renowned architect Volkmar Burgstaller. The steel and glass dome shaped structure was engineered and built by Austrian specialists Waagner-Biro and completed in 2003.
Source: "Hangar-7", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangar-7.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "ViaMichelin Travel. Ikarus – Salzburg. Restaurant. Useful Information". Travel.viamichelin.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2011-10-20.
- ^ Mike Collins (September 2014). "Red Bulls under glass". AOPA Pilot.
- ^ "Red Bull Hangar 7 – Waagner Biro / Steel and Glass facades". Retrieved 2020-10-22.
Coordinates: 47°47′37″N 13°00′26″E / 47.79361°N 13.00722°E
- Articles needing translation from German Wikipedia
- Articles with BNF identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Buildings and structures in Salzburg
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Dietrich Mateschitz
- Michelin Guide starred restaurants in Austria
- Red Bull Racing
- Restaurants in Austria
- Tourist attractions in Salzburg
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.