|Born||31 December 1992|
Les Sables-d'Olonne, France
Hélène Noesmoen (born 31 December 1992) is a French windsurfer who competes in the IQFoil class. She won the women's events at the 2021 IQFoil World Championships and the 2020, 2021 and 2022 IQFoil European Championships.
Noesmoen is from Les Sables-d'Olonne, France. She started windsurfing at a young age, initially with an RS:X. Her father Yves runs l'Ecole Nationale de Voile et des Sports Nautiques (National School of Sailing and Water Sports), and her two brothers and one sister have also won European windsurfing medals.
Noesmoen won a junior championship in 2009. In 2020, she started training in Marseille, where the sailing events at the 2024 Summer Olympics will be held. That year she won the Formula Foil World Championships, and the IQFoil European Championships.
In 2022, she won the IQFoil European Championships for the third time. That year, she also won the IQFoil event at the 2022 Mediterranean Games, the Trofeo Princesa Sofia competition, the Garda Trentino Olympic Week event, and the Semaine Olympique Française La Rochelle competition. Going into the IQFoil World Championships event in Brest, France, Noesmoen was unbeaten in 2022. She finished 15th in the championships, and did not win any individual events.
Discover more about Career related topics
- "Hélène Noesmoen" (in French). Groupe Banque Populaire. Retrieved 25 November 2022.
- "iQFoil : Hélène Noesmoen, une avance sur la concurrence avant Paris 2024". Olympics.com (in French). 12 October 2022. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Planche à voile. Hélène Noesmoen au sommet de la vague en iQFoil..." Ouest-France (in French). 16 October 2022. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- Arquin, Nicolas (24 August 2020). "Interview de Hélène Noesmoen, championne du monde de Formula Foil 2020". Wind Mag (in French). Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "THE CHAMPIONS". www.iqfoil.org.
- "iQFOiL World Championships. The French Hélène Noesmoen and Nicolas Goyard super favorites in Brest". Ouest-France. 14 October 2022. Retrieved 24 November 2022 – via Voiles et Voiliers.
- "2021 iQFOiL European Championships". iqfoilclass.org. Retrieved 29 October 2021.
- "Semaine Olympique Française de Hyères TPM Regatta - Overall". Sail World. 30 April 2022. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
- "Voile. Hélène Noesmoen : "Ça a été une accumulation de frustrations"". Le Telegramme (in French). 23 October 2022. Retrieved 24 November 2022.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.