|Ceased operations||April 5, 2022|
|Operating bases||Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport|
Green Airlines then announced contracts with Bulgarian ALK Airlines and Romanian Just Us Air to operate their seasonal leisure services from Rostock and Paderborn. In June 2021, Green Airlines also announced the launch of five leisure destinations from Groningen Airport in the Netherlands. They also started to serve Zurich Airport. However, in July 2021, Green Airlines announced the suspension of all international flights including leisure charters stating the COVID-19 pandemic. The virtual airline then also planned to acquire its own operations license.
In August 2021, a dispute between Green Airlines and another current wetlease contractor, German Airways, has been reported resulting in the termination of their agreement. A few weeks prior, ALK Airlines also pulled out of their mutual affiliation bringing back Chalair Aviation to operate the currently remaining German domestic flights. Shortly after, German Airways sued Green Airlines for up to 11 million € for alleged breach of contract. Also in August 2021, Green Airlines has been accused of greenwashing after indiscrepancies arose regarding their supposedly supported ecological projects and organizations.
In October 2021, Green Airlines announced it would start domestic operations from Weeze Airport and Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport in 2022. However, in November 2021, Green Airlines announced it would pause all flight activities until February 2022. The new routes were then rescheduled to late March 2022 or in the case of the Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden services without a new date announcement. This sparked controversy as both Berlin and Munich airports confirmed that neither Green Airlines nor another operating carrier of their behalf requested the necessary slots for the routes as of late January.
After cancelling several scheduled inaugural flights for their expanded network, Green Airlines commenced one of their new services in April 2022 with a Cessna Caravan instead of the planned ATR 72 due to lower than expected passenger numbers.
On 6 April 2022, Green Airlines announced the termination of all scheduled and charter operations with immediate effect stating an unviable business case for the time being.
Discover more about History related topics
As of April 2022, prior to the suspension of all services, Green Airlines served the following - partially seasonal - destinations:
- Berlin - Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- Munich - Munich Airport
- Paderborn - Paderborn Lippstadt Airport
- Sylt - Sylt Airport
- Usedom - Usedom Airport
- Weeze - Weeze Airport
Discover more about Destinations related topics
- ch-aviation.com - Green Airlines retrieved 9 August 2021
- "German Startup Green Airlines Hopes To Take Off This Year". 17 July 2020.
- flugrevue.de (German) 3 August 2021
- aerotelegraph.com (German) 10 July 2021
- "Green Airlines outlines Groningen routes". Routes.
- "Paderborn-Lippstadt nach Sylt: Green Airlines absolviert ersten Flug". www.flugrevue.de. 26 March 2021.
- aero.de (German) 16 July 2021
- airliners.de (German) 23 August 2021
- airliners.de (German) 19 August 2021
- "Green Airlines startet ab Weeze und Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden" [Green Airlines starts from Weeze and Karlruhe/Baden-Baden]. green-airlines.com (in German). 8 September 2021. Retrieved 8 September 2021.
- airliners.de 2 November 2021
- aerotelegraph.com 31 January 2022
- aviation.direct 31 January 2022
- airliners.de (German) 1 April 2022
- aviation.direct - "Green Airlines cancels all flights" (German) 6 April 2022
- airliners.de (German) 24 May 2022
- green-airlines.com - Strecken und Zielflughäfen (German) retrieved 6 April 2022
- "Green Airlines - Our green fleet". 3 August 2021.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.