|Known for||Art collection|
Gianni Mattioli (1903 – 1977) was an Italian businessman, a cotton trader in Milan, and art collector, particularly of the work of the Italian Futurists.
Mattioli was born in Milan in 1903, and started collecting in the early 1920s, but most of his collection was built in the late 1930s and 1940s, and in 1949, he acquired 87 works from fellow Italian collector Pietro Feroldi (1881–1958).
Mattioli died in Milan in 1977, and his daughter the art historian, Laura Mattioli Rossi, inherited the collection.
26 works from the Gianni Mattioli Collection have been on loan to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice from 1997 to 2015.
In November 2015, Nu couché a 1917 Amedeo Modigliani oil on canvas from the collection, was sold by his daughter at Christie's, New York for $170.4 million to Liu Yiqian.
Discover more about Gianni Mattioli related topics
Source: "Gianni Mattioli", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, November 3rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gianni_Mattioli.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b "Mattioli, Gianni : Milan, 1903–Milan, 1977". Metmuseum.org. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- ^ "Guggenheim". Guggenheim-venice.it. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- ^ Everett, Christopher. "10 Most Expensive Art Sales in History". Tharawat Magazine. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- 1903 births
- 1977 deaths
- 20th-century Italian businesspeople
- Articles with FAST identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with ICCU identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with LNB identifiers
- Articles with NTA identifiers
- Articles with SUDOC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with VcBA identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- Italian art collectors
- Italian political party founders
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Use dmy dates from April 2017
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.