|Headquarters||10202 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, California, U.S.|
|Website||Official Facebook site|
Ghost Corps, Inc. is an American co-production company formed in March 2015 to oversee the Ghostbusters media franchise and as a stock exchange for the Ghostbusters brand. It is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment's Columbia Pictures and as of January 2021 currently no longer functions as a stock exchange C-Corporation business but is currently still active as a PR office on the Sony Pictures lot maintaining management of its online pages and productions related to the Ghostbusters brand.
Discover more about Ghost Corps related topics
The company was formed in March 2015 by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Columbia Pictures in order to create a Ghostbusters cinematic universe and expand the Ghostbusters brand into films, television series, and merchandise. The company is currently headed by Jason Reitman and Dan Aykroyd, along with Montecito Picture Company partners Tom Pollock and Joe Medjuck.
Discover more about History related topics
The company's first project was a live-action reboot with a female-oriented cast. Ghostbusters directed by Paul Feig, was released on July 15, 2016.
Its second project, a sequel to the original Ghostbusters films, titled Ghostbusters: Afterlife was announced by Sony Pictures and Ghost Corps. It was released in theaters on November 19, 2021. The film takes place in the original timeline set by the first two films. Jason Reitman, the son of Ghostbusters' original director Ivan Reitman, directed the sequel. A teaser trailer was released on January 14, 2019.
A follow up sequel to Ghostbusters: Afterlife was announced in April 2022 as the company's third project. It is currently scheduled for release on December 20, 2023.
Discover more about Projects related topics
|Ghostbusters||Paul Feig||July 15, 2016||$144 million||$229.1 million|
|Ghostbusters: Afterlife||Jason Reitman||November 19, 2021||$75 million||$204.6 million|
|Untitled Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel||Gil Kenan||December 20, 2023||TBA||TBA|
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "Ghost Corps", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 28th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Corps.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Sony Pictures Entertainment (25 October 2017). "Sony Pictures Consumer Products And Netflix Team Up With Reebok And BAIT As "Stranger Things" Kids Get Their Ghostbusters™ On". PR Newswire. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- ^ "SONY PICTURES, MADAME TUSSAUDS NEW YORK AND THE VOID TEAM FOR "GHOSTBUSTERS"-THEMED IMMERSIVE, VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE". Sony Pictures. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
Ghost Corps, Inc., a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.,
- ^ Borys Kit (2015-03-09). "Sony Plans 'Ghostbusters' Cinematic Universe". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
- ^ Justin Kroll (2015-03-09). "Ghost Corps production company will create Ghostbusters movie universe". Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
- ^ Lussier, Germain. "Nope, Ghostbusters Did Not Suddenly Get a New Title". io9 / Gizmodo. Archived from the original on September 3, 2016. Retrieved November 20, 2021.
- ^ "Jason Reitman to Direct New 'Ghostbusters' Movie". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- ^ Rubin, Rebecca (April 26, 2022). "'Venom 3', 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' Sequel in the Works at Sony". Variety. Retrieved April 26, 2022.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (2022-06-28). "'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' Sequel to Hit Theaters in December 2023". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2022-06-28.
- ^ Rubin, Rebecca (November 17, 2021). "Box Office: 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' Targets $30 Million Debut, 'King Richard' to Serve Up $10 Million Start". Variety. Retrieved November 20, 2021.
- ^ "Ghostbusters Afterlife (2021)". The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved February 14, 2022.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.