Gary Sanchez Productions
|Fate||Ferrell-McKay partnership dissolve|
|Successors||Gloria Sanchez Productions|
Gary Sanchez Productions was an American film and television production company founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.
Gary Sanchez Productions was founded in 2006 by comedians and filmmakers Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. The company is named after a fictional "Paraguayan entrepreneur and financier", Gary Sanchez. In 2007, McKay and Ferrell also founded the video site Funny or Die, under the ownership of the production company.
In August 2018, the company entered a three-year first look feature deal with Paramount Pictures.
On April 8, 2019, it was announced that Ferrell and McKay would be dissolving their partnership, and that all developed projects at that time would continue to be completed. In October 2019, McKay founded Hyperobject Industries. In January 2020, it was announced that Ferrell opened the doors of Gloria Sanchez Productions, taking on new projects with a reorganized company.
The company will continue to exist by name to release further remaining films that are in development.
Discover more about History related topics
Discover more about Filmography related topics
Source: "Gary Sanchez Productions", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 13th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Sanchez_Productions.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ According to McKay, on the podcast WTF with Marc Maron, the name came from a fake name Ferrell put on his BlackBerry; they decided this was a random enough name to give their company.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr (August 15, 2018). "Paramount Sets First Look Deal With Adam McKay & Will Ferrell's Gary Sanchez & Gloria Sanchez Labels". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 7, 2022.
- ^ Shepherd, Jack (April 8, 2019). "Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to part ways as production team". The Independent. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (October 30, 2019). "Adam McKay Sets Jeffrey Epstein Limited Series Under First-Look Deal With HBO, Launches New Company". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 25, 2021.
- ^ Porter, Rick (January 24, 2020). "Will Ferrell's Gloria Sanchez Productions Signs First-Look Deal at Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 1, 2021.
- ^ Goldberg, Lesley (June 2, 2015). "Secret Will Ferrell-Kristen Wiig Lifetime Movie Confirmed Via Hollywood Billboard (Photo)". TheHollywoodReporter. com. Retrieved June 8, 2015.
- ^ McCue, Michelle (November 5, 2014). "Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg Set To Star in DADDY'S HOME". We Are Movie Geeks. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (June 18, 2018). "Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (August 7, 2015). "Paramount Sets Bruno Aveillan To Direct 'Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters' Sequel". Deadline. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- ^ Kemp, Stuart (June 18, 2014). "CineEurope: Paramount Screens 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' One Day Before World Premiere". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- ^ Yamato, Jen (July 22, 2014). "'Manimal' To Roar With Will Ferrell, Adam McKay & Jimmy Miller". Deadline. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- ^ "Gary Sanchez Productions and Paramount Team up for Untitled FBI Comedy". Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- ^ Jaafar, Ali; Fleming, Mike Jr. (June 21, 2016). "'Bad Blood' Bids Mobilize for Jennifer Lawrence-Adam McKay Package: 9 Offers". Deadline. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- ^ Jaafar, Ali; Fleming, Mike Jr. (June 23, 2016). "Legendary Wins Jennifer Lawrence-Adam McKay 'Bad Blood' Auction". Deadline. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
- All Wikipedia articles written in American English
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Film production companies of the United States
- Gary Sanchez Productions
- Gloria Sanchez Productions
- Mass media companies disestablished in 2019
- Mass media companies established in 2006
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Television production companies of the United States
- Use American English from August 2019
- Use mdy dates from August 2019
- Will Ferrell
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.