Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfartstidning
Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfartstidning (GHT) was a daily newspaper published in Gothenburg, Sweden, from 1832 to 1985.
History and profile
GHT was founded in 1832 by publisher Magnus Prytz and had a liberal alignment from the later part of the 19th century after Sven Adolf Hedlund became editor in 1852. The author Viktor Rydberg worked for the newspaper and several of his novels were published as series in the paper.
During World War II, GHT was one of few Swedish newspapers that held a decidedly anti-Nazi profile, which made its editor-in-chief (since 1917) Torgny Segerstedt a controversial figure in neutral Sweden. The Norwegian illustrator Ragnvald Blix became known for his anti-Nazi caricatures published in the paper during that time under the pseudonym "Stig Höök". The paper ceased publication in 1985 (but was only published weekly 1973-1984).
Discover more about History and profile related topics
Source: "Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfartstidning", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, April 6th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göteborgs_Handels-_och_Sjöfartstidning.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c John Solheim: Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfarts-Tidning (in Norwegian) Store norske leksikon, Retrieved 30 June 2013
- ^ Ulf Carmesund (November 2005). "Swedish Support for Zionism and the Palestinian Refugees: The 'Swedish-Israel Aid' and Kfar Achim/Qastina". Holy Land Studies. 4 (2): 58. doi:10.3366/hls.2005.4.2.51.
- ^ Håkan Lindgren (2006). "On Virgin Soil. Entrepreneurship in Swedish Financial Journalism in the 1960s and 1970s" (Conference paper). Helsinki. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- 1832 establishments in Sweden
- 1973 disestablishments in Sweden
- 19th century in Gothenburg
- 20th century in Gothenburg
- Anti-fascism in Sweden
- Articles with Norwegian-language sources (no)
- Daily newspapers published in Sweden
- Defunct newspapers published in Sweden
- Mass media in Gothenburg
- Publications disestablished in 1973
- Publications established in 1832
- Swedish-language newspapers
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.