Football Association of Slovenia
|Founded||24 April 1920|
|FIFA affiliation||2 July 1992|
|UEFA affiliation||24 June 1992|
The Football Association of Slovenia (Slovene: Nogometna zveza Slovenije or NZS) is the governing body of football in Slovenia. It organizes the first division (1. SNL), second division (2. SNL), third division (East and West), Slovenian Cup, Slovenian Women's League, and other competitions. It is also responsible for the Slovenia national football team and the Slovenia women's national football team. It was founded as Ljubljana Football Subassociation on 24 April 1920.
Discover more about Football Association of Slovenia related topics
- Danijel Lepin (1948–1950)
- Martin Grajf (1950–1952)
- Franc Sitar (1952–1954)
- Jože Grbec (1954–1958)
- Stane Lavrič (1958–1962)
- Stane Vrhovnik (1962–1968)
- Roman Vobič (1968–1970)
- Jože Snoj (1970–1973, 1976–1978)
- Tone Florjančič (1973–1976)
- Miro Samardžija (1978–1981)
- Boris Godina (1981)
- Branko Elsner (1982–1985)
- Marko Ilešič (1985–1989)
- Rudi Zavrl (1989–2009)
- Ivan Simič (2009–2011)
- Aleksander Čeferin (2011–2016)
- Radenko Mijatović (2016–present)
Source: "Football Association of Slovenia", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, February 16th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Association_of_Slovenia.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Predsednik NZS" [Football Association president] (in Slovenian). Football Association of Slovenia. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ To. G.; A. V. (24 April 2020). "NZS-ju ob 100-letnici delovanja zlati red za zasluge" (in Slovenian). RTV Slovenija. Retrieved 27 April 2020.
- 1920 establishments in Slovenia
- All stub articles
- Articles containing Slovene-language text
- Articles with Slovene-language sources (sl)
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Association football organization stubs
- CS1 Slovenian-language sources (sl)
- Football governing bodies in Slovenia
- Futsal in Slovenia
- Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Slovenian sport stubs
- Sports governing bodies in Slovenia
- Sports organizations established in 1920
- UEFA member associations
- Use dmy dates from January 2013
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.