Fernando Cardozo (footballer, born 2001)
|Full name||Fernando David Cardozo Paniagua|
|Date of birth||8 February 2001|
|Place of birth||Asunción, Paraguay|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2019–2020||→ Boavista (loan)||10||(0)|
|2020–2021||→ Vizela (loan)||20||(0)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 23:25, 28 February 2022 (UTC)|
Fernando David Cardozo Paniagua (born 8 February 2001) is a Paraguayan footballer who plays as winger for Club Olimpia.
Born in Asunción, Cardozo began his career at Olimpia. He made his professional debut on 23 April 2017 in a 2–1 home win over Sportivo Luqueño in the Paraguayan Primera División, but was substituted for Richard Ortiz after 28 minutes. He scored three goals from 30 games in the 2018 season, starting on 14 April in a 4–2 win over Independiente F.B.C. again at the Estadio Manuel Ferreira.
On 30 June 2019, Cardozo moved to Portuguese Primeira Liga club Boavista on a one-year loan with a buying option, arriving days after compatriot Walter Clar. He did not debut until the next 6 June, as a 65th-minute substitute for Heriberto Tavares in a 1–0 home loss to Moreirense.
Discover more about Career related topics
Source: "Fernando Cardozo (footballer, born 2001)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 27th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Cardozo_(footballer,_born_2001).
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Fernando Cardozo at WorldFootball.net
- ^ "En partido matutino, Olimpia venció a Luqueño" [In morning game, Olimpia beat Luqueño] (in Spanish). IP. 23 April 2017. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- ^ "Fernando Cardozo, emocionado por marcar su primer gol con Olimpia" [Fernando Cardozo, excited to have scored his first goal for Olimpia] (in Spanish). D10. 16 April 2018. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- ^ "Boavista presenta a Fernando Cardozo como nuevo refuerzo" [Boavista present Fernando Cardozo as new addition] (in Spanish). Tigo Sports. 30 June 2019. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- ^ "Fernando Cardozo debuta en el fútbol europeo" [Fernando Cardozo debuts in European football] (in Spanish). Tigo Sports. 6 June 2020. Retrieved 18 June 2020.
- 2001 births
- All stub articles
- Articles with short description
- Association football wingers
- Boavista F.C. players
- CS1 Spanish-language sources (es)
- Club Olimpia footballers
- Expatriate footballers in Portugal
- F.C. Vizela players
- Liga Portugal 2 players
- Living people
- Paraguay under-20 international footballers
- Paraguay youth international footballers
- Paraguayan Primera División players
- Paraguayan expatriate footballers
- Paraguayan expatriate sportspeople in Portugal
- Paraguayan football forward stubs
- Paraguayan footballers
- Primeira Liga players
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Sportspeople from Asunción
- WorldFootball.net template with ID different from Wikidata
- WorldFootball.net template with ID not matching pattern
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.