Estrella Mountain Community College
|Type||Public community college|
|Maricopa County Community College District|
33°28′49″N 112°20′37″W / 33.4804°N 112.3435°WCoordinates: 33°28′49″N 112°20′37″W / 33.4804°N 112.3435°W
|Colors||Purple & gold|
|Arizona Community College Athletic Conference|
|Mascot||Roary the Estrella Mountain Lion|
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is a public community college in Avondale, Arizona. The college has been serving the Southwest Valley community since 1990 and at the Avondale campus since 1992. Estrella Mountain is one of the ten Maricopa Community College District (one of the largest community college districts in the United States) that provides educational opportunities and workforce training to the burgeoning western metropolitan Phoenix population of more than 285,000 residents.
Discover more about Estrella Mountain Community College related topics
Serving an average of 14,000 students per year, EMCC offers numerous associate degrees, university transfer partnerships, and multiple specialized certificate programs. In addition, the college is the home to the SouthWest Skill Center. Courses are taught by more than 300 resident and adjunct faculty. Average class size consists of approximately 20-32-credit students per instructor.
The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Discover more about Academics related topics
Source: "Estrella Mountain Community College", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrella_Mountain_Community_College.
Get our FREE extension now!
Maricopa County, Arizona
Auburn Hills, Michigan
California Community Colleges
Hamilton Heights, Manhattan
East Mississippi Community College
Bay Terrace, Queens
Agua Fria High School
- 1992 establishments in Arizona
- All articles lacking in-text citations
- All articles lacking reliable references
- All articles with a promotional tone
- Articles lacking in-text citations from May 2020
- Articles lacking reliable references from October 2018
- Articles using infobox university
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with a promotional tone from July 2014
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- Articles with short description
- Community colleges in Arizona
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Educational institutions established in 1992
- Maricopa County Community College District
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Universities and colleges in Maricopa County, Arizona
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.