Lady Justice Elisabeth Laing
|Lady Justice of Appeal|
|Assumed office |
28 October 2020
|High Court Judge|
Queen's Bench Division
Elisabeth Mary Caroline Laing
19 November 1956
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (April 2016)
Dame Elisabeth Mary Caroline Laing, DBE (born 19 November 1956), styled The Rt. Hon. Lady Justice Elisabeth Laing, is a Lady Justice of Appeal of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales.
She was called to the bar at Middle Temple in 1980. A Recorder, and a former member of the Attorney General's Panel, she took Silk in 2008, and was appointed a Deputy High Court Judge in 2010. She was appointed to the Welsh Government's Panel of Queen's Counsel in 2012.
She has contributed to Halsbury's Laws, and to Supperstone, Goudie and Walker’s Judicial Review. She was on the editorial board of Local Government Reports, and was a member of the BSB's Standards Committee and of the Committee of the BBA.
She has been a judge of the High Court of Justice (assigned to the Queen's Bench Division) since 2014. In January 2017, she was appointed Chairman of the Special Immigration Appeals Commission, the Pathogens Access Appeal Commission, and the Proscribed Organisations Appeal Commission. She was appointed to the Court of Appeal on 28 October 2020.
Lady Justice Elisabeth Laing served as a judge in the Court of Appeal for a Windrush case of Hubert Howard in July 2022.
Discover more about Elisabeth Laing related topics
Source: "Elisabeth Laing", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, October 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_Laing.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c "Senior judiciary". Courts and Tribunals Judiciary. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- ^ "Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire conferred: Elisabeth Mary Caroline Laing". GOV.UK. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- ^ "Appointment of Lord and Lady Justices of Appeal". www.judiciary.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- ^ "Biographies of the Court of Appeal judges". www.judiciary.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- ^ "Windrush man was treated shamefully, appeal judges say". BBC News. 28 July 2022. Retrieved 12 October 2022.
- 1956 births
- 21st-century English judges
- AC with 0 elements
- All articles needing additional references
- All stub articles
- Articles needing additional references from April 2016
- Articles with short description
- British law biography stubs
- Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- English women judges
- Lady Justices of Appeal
- Living people
- Members of the Middle Temple
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- Place of birth missing (living people)
- Queen's Bench Division judges
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Use dmy dates from August 2019
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.