Eleanor King (judge)
Lady Justice King
|Court of Appeal Judge|
|Assumed office |
|High Court Judge|
|Born||13 September 1957|
|Alma mater||Hull University|
Dame Eleanor Warwick King, DBE (née Hamilton; born 13 September 1957) is a British judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales.
Born as Eleanor Warwick Hamilton (and known by her maiden name until being appointed as a judge), she was educated at Queen Margaret's School, York and at Hull University (LLB). She was called to the Bar, Inner Temple in 1979. She was an Assistant Recorder from 1996 to 2000.
She took silk in 1999 and was appointed as a deputy High Court judge and recorder. She was appointed as a High Court judge, assigned to the Family Division on 4 April 2008. In 2011 she was awarded an honorary PhD from Hull University in recognition of her work in the Law.
In 2014, she was appointed a Court of Appeal Judge.
Lady Justice King's husband, Tom King, is also a Hull University law graduate (1973–1976). The couple have four daughters.
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Source: "Eleanor King (judge)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 15th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_King_(judge).
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b "King, Rt Hon. Dame Eleanor (Warwick), (born 13 Sept. 1957)". Who's Who (UK). 1 December 2021. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u18772. ISBN 978-0-19-954088-4. Retrieved 23 April 2022.
- Profile, The Times Online; accessed 18 March 2014.
- Judge Eleanor King biodata, uk.sourcews.com; accessed 18 March 2014.
- 1957 births
- 21st-century King's Counsel
- AC with 0 elements
- All stub articles
- Alumni of the University of Hull
- Articles with short description
- British law biography stubs
- Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- English barristers
- English women judges
- Family Division judges
- Lady Justices of Appeal
- Living people
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- People educated at Queen Margaret's School, York
- People from Selby District
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Use dmy dates from August 2019
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.