|Date of birth||6 March 1996|
|Place of birth||Skydra, Greece|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
(on loan from LASK)
|2015–2016||→ Anorthosis (loan)||22||(6)|
|2018–2019||→ Atromitos (loan)||28||(19)|
|2023–||→ Alanyaspor (loan)||3||(1)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 26 February 2023|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 22:50, 28 March 2022 (UTC).
Efthymis Koulouris (Greek: Ευθύμης Κουλούρης, born 6 March 1996) is a Greek professional footballer who plays as a striker for Austrian Bundesliga club LASK and the Greece national team.
Koulouris began his career with PAOK, and spent time on loan at Cypriot First Division club Anorthosis and at Atromitos, with whom he was top scorer in the 2018–19 Super League. He joined Ligue 1 club Toulouse in 2019. Koulouris represented his country from under-17 to under-21 levels before making his senior debut in 2018.
Discover more about Efthymis Koulouris related topics
Koulouris was born in Skydra. He began his football career in PAOK's youth system as a young boy and came through the ranks, winning titles at under-17 and under-20 levels. He made his first-team debut as a 17-year-old on 13 February 2014 in the Greek Cup quarter-final against Apollon Smyrnis. With his side already 4–0 up on aggregate, Koulouris replaced Stefanos Athanasiadis at half-time in the second leg and scored twice. Three days later, he made his Super League debut as a late substitute against Asteras Tripolis.
Loan to Anorthosis
In the summer of 2015, Koulouris signed for Cypriot First Division club Anorthosis, on loan for the season. On 28 October, he scored six times as Anorthosis beat Second Division opponents Elpida Xylofagou 9–0 in the Cypriot Cup. His first league goal came four days later: having entered the match away to Pafos as an 88th-minute substitute, he scored with a header that secured a 2–1 win. Koulouris finished the season with seven goals in the Cup, which made him the top scorer in that season's competition, and six in the 2015–16 First Division.
Return to PAOK
He returned to PAOK for the 2016–17 season. On 19 September 2016, he scored both goals in a 2–1 away win against Asteras Tripolis and was elected MVP of the game. Koulouris established himself as a regular first-team player with 32 appearances in all competitions, and was voted Players' Young Player of the Year by his teammates.
On 29 September 2017, Koulouris agreed to a contract extension with PAOK until the summer of 2021. On 10 December, he scored in a 4–0 home win against rivals Panathinaikos. On 8 February 2018, he scored his first goal of the 2017–18 Greek Cup to help his club reach the semi-finals with a 5–1 aggregate win against Atromitos.
Loan to Atromitos
Koulouris joined Atromitos on loan for the 2018–19 season. On 26 July 2018, in his first competitive game, he scored a late goal against Dynamo Brest in the Europa League second qualifying round as Atromitos came back from 4–0 down to lose the first leg 4–3; they conceded a late equaliser in the second leg after Koulours had a goal disallowed and were eliminated. On 25 August, in his first Super League game of the 2018–19 season, he scored a brace sealing a 2–1 away win against rivals Panetolikos. On 7 October, he scored with a header sealing a 1–0 home win game against PAS Giannina. On 22 October, he scored a brace, including a late winner, in a 3–2 home win against Asteras Tripolis. Six days later he scored in a 2–2 away draw against Panionios. On 31 October, he scored in a 6–1 away Greek Cup win against Iraklis. On 25 November, he scored from the rebound after Azer Bušuladžić's shot was parried to give Atromitos the lead at home to Olympiacos, but they went on to lose 2–1. On 9 December, he scored a brace and gave an assist in a 4–2 home win against Aris Thessaloniki. He scored a hat trick against Apollon Smyrnis in the Greek Cup round of 16. On 27 January 2019, he opened the scoring in a 2–1 away loss against Lamia. On 31 January, he opened the score in an away 1–1 draw against OFI. On 31 March, he opened the score in a 2–1 away loss against Olympiacos.
His 18th goal of the season on 14 April in a 2–0 win away to Aris Thessaloniki confirmed that Atromitos would finish in fourth place. His 19th and last goal of the Super League season came the following week in a 2–0 win at home to Panathinaikos, a tally which made him the top scorer for the season. He became the first Atromitos player to finish as leading scorer in the top flight, and the first player to do so while on loan from another Greek club. He was the third player of Greek nationality to achieve the feat in the Super League era and, at 23 years and 60 days, the third-youngest player of all time to do so in the top division.
On 22 June 2019, Koulouris signed a four-year contract with French club Toulouse. L'Équipe reported the fee to be in the region of €3.5 million plus add-ons. In his first Ligue 1 game, away to Brest, he scored a somewhat fortunate 89th-minute equaliser. His third goal of the season was an even later equaliser, after 96 minutes of the match away to Metz on 28 September.
On 22 June 2021, he was released from the club, two years earlier than the contract he had signed, which was until the summer of 2023.
Return to Atromitos
On 22 June 2021, only a few hours after he got released by Toulouse, he return to his previous club Atromitos, having signed a two-year contract. On 21 November 2021, Atromitos prevailed 2-0 rivals PAOK, with Koulouris being the main protagonist, as he opened the score in the 45th minute after an assist from Juan Muñiz, while in the 68th minute he scored with a penalty kick. He was voted man of the match for his performance. On 4 December 2021, he scored a brace in a 4-1 home win game against Apollon Smyrni, sealing a vital win in his club effort to avoid relegation. On 10 February 2021, he scored a brace sealing a vital 3-1 win against Lamia, in his club effort to avoid relegation. On 28 February 2022, he scored a brace sealing a vital 2-0 away win against Apollon Smyrnis in his club effort to avoid relegation. A week later, he scored with a header at the last minute of the game sealing a vital 2-1 home win game against Volos.
On 5 July 2022, LASK officially announced the signing of Koulouris on a three-year contract, for a fee over €1,000,000 plus bonuses, making him the most profitable sale of Atromitos.  He made his competitive debut for the club on the first matchday of the 2022–23 season, coming on as a substitute in the 61st minute for goalscorer Marin Ljubičić in a 3–1 home win against Austria Klagenfurt.
Discover more about Club career related topics
On 16 March 2018, Michael Skibbe called up Koulouris in the Greece national team for the friendly match against Switzerland on 23 March 2018. On 23 March 2018, he made his debut with the Greece national team in a 1–0 home loss against Switzerland as a late substitute.
- As of 5 July 2022
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|PAOK||2013–14||Super League Greece||9||1||2||2||—||—||—||11||3|
|Anorthosis (loan)||2015–16||Cypriot First Division||21||6||4||7||—||—||—||25||13|
|Atromitos (loan)||2018–19||Super League Greece||28||19||5||5||—||2||1||—||35||25|
|Atromitos||2021–22||Super League Greece||32||14||1||0||—||—||—||33||14|
Discover more about Career statistics related topics
- Super League Greece Top goalscorer : 2018–19 (19 goals)
- Super League Greece Team of the Year: 2018–19
- Atromitos Player of the Year: 2021–22
Discover more about Honours related topics
Source: "Efthymis Koulouris", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efthymis_Koulouris.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ a b c "Efthymis Koulouris". PAOK FC. Archived from the original on 20 June 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- ^ a b c d e f "E. Koulouris". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Pereyra, Koulouris and Pougouras leave on loan". PAOK FC. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ Christodoulou, Antonis (28 October 2015). "Koulouris scores 6 in Anorthosis mauling of Elpida Xylofagou". SigmaLive. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Pafos vs. Anorthosis 1–2". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
Εκτός έδρας νίκη της Ανόρθωσης επί της Πάφου με 2–1. Typos.com.cy. 1 November 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ Σκόρερ Κυπέλλου Coca-Cola [Scorers Coca-Cola Cup] (in Greek). Cyprus Football Association. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ Petros, Costas (19 September 2016). ΠΑΟΚ με μέταλλο, 2–1 στην Τρίπολη τον Αστέρα. Sport24 (in Greek). Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Koulouris lands Players' Young Player of the Year". PAOK FC. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- ^ Ανανέωσαν με τον ΠΑΟΚ οι Πέλκας και Κουλούρης [Pelkas and Koulouris renew with PAOK]. Sport24 (in Greek). 29 September 2017. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "PAOK cruise into Greek Cup semi finals with a 3–1 win over Atromitos in Athens". en.protothema.gr. 8 February 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Koulouris at Atromitos". PAOK FC. 4 July 2018. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ Georgakopoulos, George (27 July 2018). "Goals galore has Greek teams hoping in Europa League". Kathimerini. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
Wood, Graham (2 August 2018). "Brest late show breaks Atromitos hearts". AgonaSport. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Ο killer του Περιστερίου (Παναιτωλικός-Ατρόμητος 1–2)". sportsroom.gr. 25 August 2018.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος - ΠΑΣ Γιάννινα 1–0: Με γκολ του Κουλούρη αήττητος και πρώτος ο Ατρόμητος". www.sport24.gr. 7 October 2018.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος - Αστέρας 3–2: Πάλι στην κορυφή οι Περιστεριώτες". www.sport24.gr. 22 October 2018.
- ^ "Πανιώνιος - Ατρόμητος 2–2: Έμειναν όρθιοι στις καθυστερήσεις οι φιλοξενούμενοι". www.sport24.gr. 28 October 2018.
- ^ "Ηρακλής - Ατρόμητος 1–6: Χατ τρικ ο Κωτσόπουλος, "σίφουνας" οι Περιστεριώτες". www.sport24.gr. 31 October 2018.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος - Άρης 4–2: Ματσάρα στο Περιστέρι, ξανά δεύτερη η αρμάδα του Κάναντι". www.sport24.gr. 9 December 2018.
- ^ "Απόλλων Σμύρνης - Ατρόμητος 0–3". www.gazzetta.gr. 9 January 2019.
- ^ "Λαμία - Ατρόμητος 2–1". www.gazzetta.gr. 27 January 2019.
- ^ "ΟΦΗ - Ατρόμητος 1–1". www.gazzetta.gr. 31 January 2019.
- ^ "Ολυμπιακός - Ατρόμητος 2–1". www.gazzetta.gr. 31 March 2019.
- ^ Wood, Graham (14 April 2019). "Atromitos beat Aris to clinch fourth". AgonaSport. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ Kaperonis, Sarantos (8 May 2019). "Koulouris earns Super League top scorer honor". AgonaSport. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Transferts: Efthymios Koulouris (PAOK Salonique) signe à Toulouse" [Transfers: Efthymios Koulouris (PAOK Salonica) signs for Toulouse]. L'Équipe (in French). 22 June 2019. Archived from the original on 2 July 2019. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "TFC rescue a point in Brest". Ligue 1. 10 August 2019. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Metz 2–2 Toulouse Live commentary". Sky Sports. 28 September 2019. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- ^ "Έμεινε ελεύθερος από την Τουλούζ ο Κουλούρης" [Toulouse released Koulouris]. www.sport-fm.gr (in Greek). 22 June 2021. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- ^ "Έσκασε η "βόμβα": Ανακοίνωσε Κουλούρη ο Ατρόμητος!" [The "bomb" has blown: Atromitos announced Koulouris!]. www.sport-fm.gr (in Greek). 22 June 2021. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος - ΠΑΟΚ 2-0: Μπλόκο Κουλούρη στο Περιστέρι". www.sport24.gr (in Greek). 21 November 2021. Retrieved 21 November 2021.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος - Απόλλων Σμύρνης 4-1: Συνήλθε από την εξάρα και ξεκόλλησε από την τελευταία θέση". www.sport24.gr (in Greek). 4 December 2021. Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- ^ "SUPER LEAGUE INTERWETTEN Ατρόμητος - Λαμία 3-1: Ο Κουλούρης το γύρισε μόνος του και έδωσε νίκη-ανάσα". www.sport24.gr (in Greek). 10 February 2022. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- ^ "Απόλλων - Ατρόμητος 0-2: Ο Κουλούρης χάρισε μεγάλο διπλό στη μάχη για τη σωτηρία" [Apollon - Atromitos 0-2: Koulouris gave a big double in the battle for salvation]. www.sport24.gr (in Greek). 28 February 2022. Retrieved 28 February 2022.
- ^ "Super League 1, Ατρόμητος - Βόλος 2-1: Τρίποντο με "λυτρωτή" τον Κουλούρη". www.protothema.gr (in Greek). 4 March 2022. Retrieved 4 March 2022.
- ^ "Ατρόμητος: Πούλησε τον Κουλούρη στην αυστριακή ΛΑΣΚ με ποσό ρεκόρ για τον σύλλογο". www.sport24.gr. 5 July 2022.
- ^ "LASK feiert souveränen Auftaktsieg". LAOLA1 (in German). 23 July 2022. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- ^ "Interwetten Player of the Club του Ατρομήτου o Ευθύμης Κουλούρης". Super League (in Greek). 2022-06-01. Retrieved 2022-12-07.
- Efthymis Koulouris at Soccerway
- Efthymis Koulouris – UEFA competition record (archive)
- Efthymis Koulouris at ESPN FC
- 1996 births
- Anorthosis Famagusta F.C. players
- Articles containing Greek-language text
- Articles with short description
- Association football forwards
- Atromitos F.C. players
- Austrian Football Bundesliga players
- CS1 French-language sources (fr)
- CS1 German-language sources (de)
- CS1 Greek-language sources (el)
- CS1 uses Greek-language script (el)
- Commons category link from Wikidata
- Cypriot First Division players
- Expatriate footballers in Austria
- Expatriate footballers in Cyprus
- Expatriate footballers in France
- Footballers from Central Macedonia
- Greece international footballers
- Greece under-21 international footballers
- Greece youth international footballers
- Greek expatriate footballers
- Greek expatriate sportspeople in Austria
- Greek expatriate sportspeople in Cyprus
- Greek expatriate sportspeople in France
- Greek footballers
- LASK players
- Ligue 1 players
- Ligue 2 players
- Living people
- PAOK FC players
- People from Skydra
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Super League Greece players
- Toulouse FC players
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.