Devos the Devastator
|Devos the Devastator|
|First appearance||Fantastic Four #359 (December, 1991)|
|Created by||Tom DeFalco|
|Team affiliations||Fearsome Foursome|
Devos the Devastator is a supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. He is a foe of the Fantastic Four. His first appearance was in Fantastic Four #359 (December, 1991); he was created by Tom DeFalco, Paul Ryan and Danny Bulanadi.
Discover more about Devos the Devastator related topics
Fictional character biography
Devos is an extraterrestrial vigilante dedicated to bringing peace to the universe, but holds the rather warped view that this can only be done by destroying anyone whom he deems a threat to galactic peace—therefore, killing everyone capable of waging war. While Devos is willing to make alliances with other villains in order to further his goals, he inevitably betrays his allies (as they too are capable of waging war).
In his first appearance, he battled the Fantastic Four, then fled in his escape craft while his starship was destroyed. He then encountered and joined forces with Paibok the Power Skrull. He watched Paibok alter Lyja's genetic structure, then arrived on Earth with Paibok. He joined Paibok and Lyja the Lazerfist in an attack on the Human Torch in New York City.
His most notable act is probably his destruction of the Skrull Throneworld, throwing the Skrull Empire into civil war.
Devos later reappears in the Annihilation miniseries in the pages of Ronan. On the planet Godthab Omega, he was attacked by Talos the Untamed and later captured by Glorian. Devos conferred with Talos, who realized that Glorian was the one-time pupil of the Shaper of Worlds. When the planet was overrun by the Annihilation Wave, Glorian was distracted, releasing Devos and Talos. Ronan ordered the two of them to the spaceport to get off-planet with any other survivors.
Discover more about Fictional character biography related topics
Powers, abilities, and equipment
Devos wears an armored battlesuit that granted him tremendous strength and physical resistance. The suit is equipped with an energy blaster with automated targeting devices mounted on his right shoulder. It can fire projectiles with bazooka force from either shoulder, as well as poison gases or frost grenades via left wrist device and emit powerful electric shocks inside the outer surface of his armor. His helmet is also equipped with sophisticated internal sensor systems, designed to allow him see into otherwise invisible portions of the spectrum. It contains a "Luminator", which produces blinding lights. The anti-gravity generators in his exoskeleton enables him to fly at subsonic speeds.
The Arsenal Planet
Devos has access to numerous space vessels, advanced weaponry, and robotic servants, including Sedators (warrior robots), Servo-bots (robots capable of performing maintenance work aboard Devos's starship), and Bouncer-Bots (large humanoid units built to handle and capture specimens for study).
In other media
Devos the Devastator appears in the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur episode "The Borough Bully", voiced by Fred Tatasciore. This version speaks in third person.
Source: "Devos the Devastator", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 11th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devos_the_Devastator.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Fantastic Four #359. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Fantastic Four #366. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Fantastic Four #369-371. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Fantastic Four #383 (December 1993). Marvel Comics.
- ^ Annihilation: Ronan #2. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Annihilation: Ronan #3. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Annihilation: Ronan #4. Marvel Comics.
- ^ Annihilation: The Nova Corps Files Vol 1 #1 (August 2006). Marvel Comics.
- ^ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Vol 1 #3 (July 2008). Marvel Comics.
- ^ Steve Loter [@steveloter] (February 11, 2023). "It's Fred" (Tweet). Retrieved February 11, 2023 – via Twitter.
- ^ Buongiorno, Trey (director); Halima Lucas (writer) (February 11, 2023). "The Borough Bully". Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Season 1. Episode 2. Disney Channel.
- Devos the Devastator at The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
- Devos at Marvel.com
- All articles needing additional references
- All articles that need to differentiate between fact and fiction
- Articles needing additional references from January 2019
- Articles that need to differentiate between fact and fiction from August 2018
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- Articles with short description
- Character pop
- Characters created by Tom DeFalco
- Comics characters introduced in 1991
- Comics infobox image less caption
- Comics navigational boxes purge
- Converting comics character infoboxes
- Marvel Comics aliens
- Marvel Comics extraterrestrial supervillains
- Marvel Comics male supervillains
- Marvel Comics supervillains
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.