Congolese Association Football Federation
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2020)
The Congolese Association Football Federation (French: Fédération Congolaise de Football-Association, FECOFA) is the governing body of football in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It was founded in 1919 and affiliated to the FIFA in 1964 and CAF in 1964. It organizes the national football league Linafoot and the national team.
The organisation was previously named the Zairian Association Football Federation (French: Fédération Zaïroise de Football Association, FEZAFA) while the country was known as Zaire.
In September 2021, the General Inspectorate of Finance claims to have foiled an attempt to embezzle public funds. Fécofa, the Congolese Football Association, was forced to return nearly a million US dollars acquired fraudulently. This sum was initially allocated to the organization of a sporting event.
Discover more about Congolese Association Football Federation related topics
Source: "Congolese Association Football Federation", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 1st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congolese_Association_Football_Federation.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "FIFA World Cup 1974 – Final Competition: Technical Study" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 1974. p. 99. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.
- ^ "RDC: la Fécofa contrainte de rembourser un million de dollars acquis frauduleusement" (PDF). www.rfi.fr. RFI. 30 September 2021. Retrieved 30 September 2021.
- All articles needing additional references
- All stub articles
- Articles containing French-language text
- Articles needing additional references from October 2020
- Articles with short description
- Association football organization stubs
- Democratic Republic of the Congo sport stubs
- Football in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- National members of the Confederation of African Football
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Sports governing bodies in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sports organizations established in 1919
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.