Number of employees
|About 185 (until 2013)|
Conaco, LLC is the television production firm owned by entertainer Conan O'Brien. The name is a portmanteau of the words "Conan" and "Co", an abbreviation of company. It has produced programs primarily for NBCUniversal and Warner Bros. Discovery, including O'Brien's Late Night, Tonight Show, and Conan. David Kissinger, former NBCU executive and the son of Henry Kissinger, has been president since 2005.
Conaco's first production credit was the short-lived 2001 reality show Lost. The firm also produced the Andy Richter series Andy Barker, P.I. for six episodes as well as the drama Outlaw, about a former Supreme Court justice (Jimmy Smits) who starts a law firm, which was canceled after a few episodes.
O'Brien's departure agreement with NBC following the 2010 Tonight Show conflict allowed Conaco to continue operation until the end of the production season. After that, Conaco switched affiliations to Warner Bros. Television, owned by Time Warner along with O'Brien's new network beginning in November 2010, TBS. Conaco produced O'Brien's late night talk show on TBS. Conaco also produced Eagleheart, a show starring Chris Elliott for TBS' sister network, Adult Swim.
Discover more about Conaco related topics
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien (2001–2009)
- Lost (2001)
- Andy Barker, P.I. (2007)
- The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (2009–2010)
- Outlaw (2010)
- Conan (2010–2021)
- Eagleheart (2011–2014)
- Deon Cole's Black Box (2013)
- Super Fun Night (2013–2014)
- The Pete Holmes Show (2013–2014)
- People of Earth (2016–2017)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (2018) (TV pilot)
- Final Space (2018–2021)
Discover more about Productions related topics
Source: "Conaco", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 18th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conaco.
Get our FREE extension now!
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Last Call with Carson Daly
Warner Bros. Television Studios
Conan (talk show)
Late Night (franchise)
2010 Tonight Show conflict
The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour
A Very Good Production
List of American television series impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- ^ a b "NBC Universal Television Studio Co-President David Kissinger Joins Conaco Productions as New President" (Press release). NBC Universal Television Studio. 2005-05-25.
- ^ "YouTube".
- ^ California Secretary of State Business Entities Database - Conaco, LLC.
- ^ a b de Moraes, Lisa (2010-05-14). "NBC picks up series from David Kelley -- and Conan O'Brien". The Washington Post.
- ^ Robertson, Lindsay (2010-01-27). "Conan's Surprising New Deal With NBC". Yahoo! TV Blog. Yahoo!. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (2010-04-24). "EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros TV Signing Conan O'Brien's Company To Big Production Deal". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- ^ Harris, Scott. Chris Elliott to Star in Cartoon Network Pilot 'Eagleheart' Archived 2009-12-15 at the Wayback Machine. AOL Television. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ^ Hipes, Patrick (2019-10-29). "Conan O'Brien-Backed Stand-Up Specials Set For HBO Max". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (2018-09-14). "'Don't Hug Me I'm Scared': Conaco & Super Deluxe Team For TV Series Based On Cult U.K. Web Shorts". Deadline. Retrieved 2022-07-30.
- ^ Pelling, Joe (May 31, 2022). "Joe Pelling confirms that Channel 4 series of "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" is not being produced with Conaco".
- All articles with unsourced statements
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from December 2021
- Conan O'Brien
- Mass media companies established in 2001
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Television production companies of the United States
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.