College of William & Mary School of Education
|Dean||Robert C. Knoeppel|
37°16′41.7″N 76°43′17″W / 37.278250°N 76.72139°WCoordinates: 37°16′41.7″N 76°43′17″W / 37.278250°N 76.72139°W
|Website||School of Education|
The College of William & Mary School of Education is a program offered at both undergraduate and graduate levels of study at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. It accounts for one-third of all master’s degrees and over one-half of all doctoral degrees at The College. Professional education programs are accredited by the Virginia Department of Education, and the School of Education itself is accredited by NCATE. The School of Education was ranked among the top 50 nationally in a survey of doctoral degree granting schools of education by U.S. News & World Report's Best Graduate Schools Guide 2007 edition. It also utilizes its own library, the School of Education Library.
Discover more about College of William & Mary School of Education related topics
Although the College has a long history of providing teacher education, even effectively hosting the first student teacher in America when a Maryland teacher in 1690 received mentoring from a College instructor in improving his own teaching, The College of William & Mary School of Education did not become a distinct entity until 1961. 11 years after its separation, the SOE awarded its first doctoral degree. Presently, the School offers a liberal arts education and seeks to fuse undergraduate and graduate learning together.
Source: "College of William & Mary School of Education", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2021, December 17th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_of_William_&_Mary_School_of_Education.
Get our FREE extension now!
College of William & Mary
William Paterson University
Old Dominion University
Minot State University
Fayetteville State University
University of Alaska Anchorage
University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus
Saint Paul's College (Virginia)
Mount Mary University
Mason School of Business
University of Management and Technology (Virginia)
- ^ School of Education – About. Retrieved on June 14, 2008.
- ^ School of Education - Accreditation Archived 2008-10-12 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on June 14, 2008.
- ^ School of Education – Facts Archived 2008-10-12 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on June 14, 2008.
- ^ a b School of Education – History Archived 2008-10-12 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on June 14, 2008.
- 1961 establishments in Virginia
- Articles using infobox university
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- College of William & Mary schools and programs
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Educational institutions established in 1961
- Schools of education in Virginia
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.