Clive Lewis (judge)
Sir Clive Buckland Lewis (born 13 June 1960), styled The Rt Hon. Lord Justice Lewis, is a judge of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales, one of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
He was educated at Cwmtawe Community School, Churchill College, Cambridge (BA, 1981) and Dalhousie University (LLM, 1983).
Lewis was a lecturer at the University of East Anglia and at University of Cambridge, where he was a fellow of Selwyn College, before being called to the bar at Middle Temple in 1987. He was appointed a Recorder in 2003 and was approved to sit as a deputy High Court judge. In 2003, he became a Queen's Counsel. On 13 June 2013, he was appointed a High Court judge, receiving the customary knighthood in the 2014 Special Honours, and assigned to the Queen's Bench Division.
He was appointed a Lord Justice of Appeal in October 2020.
He is a member of the Athenaeum Club and the Royal Automobile Club.
Discover more about Clive Lewis (judge) related topics
Source: "Clive Lewis (judge)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, August 21st), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Lewis_(judge).
Get our FREE extension now!
Elizabeth Butler-Sloss, Baroness Butler-Sloss
David Hope, Baron Hope of Craighead
Nick Phillips, Baron Phillips of Worth Matravers
Igor Judge, Baron Judge
Tony Clarke, Baron Clarke of Stone-cum-Ebony
David Kitchin, Lord Kitchin
John Dyson, Lord Dyson
John Thomas, Baron Thomas of Cwmgiedd
David Lloyd Jones, Lord Lloyd-Jones
Stephen Phillips (judge)
- ^ "High Court Appointment – Lewis" (Press release). Ministry of Justice. 24 May 2013. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- ^ "No. 60542". The London Gazette. 17 June 2013. p. 11879.
- ^ "No. 60791". The London Gazette. 25 February 2014. p. 3889.
- ^ "Lord and Lady Justices of Appeal". gov.uk. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- 1960 births
- 21st-century English judges
- Academics of the University of Cambridge
- Academics of the University of East Anglia
- All stub articles
- Alumni of Churchill College, Cambridge
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with SUDOC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- British law biography stubs
- Dalhousie University alumni
- Knights Bachelor
- Living people
- Lords Justices of Appeal
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- Queen's Bench Division judges
- Use dmy dates from April 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.