8 April 1947|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||159 lb (72 kg; 11 st 5 lb)|
New England Whalers
Kurt Christer Abrahamsson (born 8 April 1947), also known as Christer Abris, is a Swedish former ice hockey goaltender and coach.
Abrahamsson played for Leksands IF in two stints (1965–1974 and 1977–1982) winning the Swedish championship in 1969, 1973 and 1974), and for the World Hockey Association's New England Whalers from 1974 to 1977. He also played for the Swedish national team in the IIHF World Championships five times (helping win the silver medal in 1973 and 1981, and the bronze medal in 1972 and 1974), and in the 1972 Winter Olympics. He was awarded Guldpucken in 1973–74 as Swedish Player of the Year.
His twin brother Thommy Abrahamsson also played ice hockey, as a defenceman.
Discover more about Christer Abrahamsson related topics
Source: "Christer Abrahamsson", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 5th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christer_Abrahamsson.
Get our FREE extension now!
Vladimir Petrov (ice hockey)
Ice Hockey World Championships
Canada men's national ice hockey team
Sweden men's national ice hockey team
Finland men's national ice hockey team
Germany men's national ice hockey team
Switzerland men's national ice hockey team
Boris Mikhailov (ice hockey)
Miroslav Dvořák (ice hockey)
- ^ a b c d Christer Abris. Swedish Olympic Committee
- ^ Christer Abrahamsson at Sports Reference
- ^ "Thommy Abrahamsson – Elite Prospects".
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- 1947 births
- Articles with short description
- Ice hockey players at the 1972 Winter Olympics
- Leksands IF players
- Living people
- New England Whalers players
- Olympic ice hockey players of Sweden
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Sportspeople from Umeå
- Swedish ice hockey goaltenders
- Swedish twins
- Twin sportspeople
- Use mdy dates from August 2014
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.