K.H.Chen, A.E.Arnold, Gueidan & Lutzoni (2015)
Lücking, Aptroot & Sipman (2008)
Celotheliaceae is a family of fungi in the monotypic order Phaeomoniellales. The family was proposed in 2008 by Robert Lücking, André Aptroot, and Harrie Sipman, while the order was circumscribed in 2015. It is sister to the clade that includes the orders Verrucariales and Chaetothyriales. Molecular clock calculations suggest that the order originated when gymnosperm diversification occurred.
The family Phaeomoniellaceae was proposed by Paul Kirk in 2015, using a reference to the description of the order Phaeomoniellales, circumscribed earlier that year. However, because Celothelium (the type genus of Celotheliaceae) is also included in the circumscription of the Phaeomoniellaceae, the older family name takes precedence and consequently, Phaeomoniellaceae is an illegitimate name according to nomenclatural rules; it is placed in synonymy with Celotheliaceae.
These are the genera that are in the Phaeomoniellaceae (including estimated number of species in each genus, totalling 27 species), according to a 2021 review of fungal classification. Following the genus name is the taxonomic authority (those who first circumscribed the genus; standardised author abbreviations are used), year of publication, and the estimated number of species.
- Aequabiliella Crous (2015) – 1 sp.
- Celerioriella Crous (2015) – 3 spp.
- Celothelium A.Massal. (1860) – 8 spp.
- Minutiella Crous (2015) – 1 sp.
- Moristroma A.I.Romero & Samuels (1991) – 4 spp.
- Neophaeomoniella Rooney-Latham & Crous (2015) – 3 spp.
- Nothophaeomoniella Crous (2021) – 1 sp.
- Paraphaeomoniella Crous (2015) – 1 sp.
- Phaeomoniella Crous & W.Gams (2000) – 2 spp.
- Pseudophaeomoniella Nigro, Antelmi & Crous (2015) – 2 spp.
- Xenocylindrosporium Crous & Verkley (2009) – 1 sp.
Discover more about Genera related topics
- Kraus, C.; Damm, U.; Bien, S.; Voegele, R.T.; Fischer, M. (2020). "New species of Phaeomoniellales from a German vineyard and their potential threat to grapevine (Vitis vinifera) health". Fungal Systematics and Evolution. 6 (1): 139–155. doi:10.3114/fuse.2020.06.08. PMC 7452154. PMID 32904175.
- Wijayawardene, N.N.; Hyde, K.D.; Dai, D.Q.; Sánchez-García, M.; Goto, B.T.; Saxena, R.K.; et al. (2022). "Outline of Fungi and fungus-like taxa – 2021". Mycosphere. 13 (1): 53–453. doi:10.5943/mycosphere/13/1/2. S2CID 249054641.
- Aptroot, A.; Lücking, R.; Sipman, H.J.M.; Umana, L.; Chaves, J.L. (2008). Pyrenocarpous lichens with bitunicate asci. Bibliotheca Lichenologica. Vol. 97. p. 12.
- Chen, Ko-Hsuan; Miadlikowska, Jolanta; Molnár, Katalin; Arnold, A. Elizabeth; U’Ren, Jana M.; Gaya, Ester; Gueidan, Cécile; Lutzoni, François (2015). "Phylogenetic analyses of eurotiomycetous endophytes reveal their close affinities to Chaetothyriales, Eurotiales, and a new order – Phaeomoniellales". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 85: 117–130. doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2015.01.008. PMID 25701073.
- John Dighton and James F. White (Editors) The Fungal Community: Its Organization and Role in the Ecosystem, Fourth Edition (2017), p. 68, at Google Books
- Kirk, P.M. (14 October 2015). "Nomenclatural novelties" (PDF). Index Fungorum. 265: 1.
- Massalongo, A.B. (1860). "Esame comparativo di alcune genere di licheni". Atti dell'Istituto Veneto Scienze (in Italian). 5: 313–337.
- Romero, A.I.; Samuels, G.J. (1991). "Studies on xylophilous fungi from Argentina. VI. Ascomycotina on Eucalyptus viminalis (Myrtaceae)". Sydowia. 43: 228–248.
- Crous, P.W.; Gams, W. (2000). "Phaeomoniella chlamydospora gen. et comb. nov., a causal organism of Petri grapevine decline and esca". Phytopathologia Mediterranea. 39: 112–118.
- Crous, P.W.; Verkley, G.J.M.; Groenewald, J.Z. (2009). "Xenocylindrosporium kirstenboschense Crous & Verkley, gen. et sp. nov". Persoonia. 23: 200–201.
- Anna Maria Pirttilä and A. Carolin Frank (Editors) Endophytes of Forest Trees: Biology and Applications (2018), p. 354, at Google Books
- All stub articles
- Articles with 'species' microformats
- Articles with short description
- Ascomycota families
- CS1 Italian-language sources (it)
- Eurotiomycetes stubs
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Taxa described in 2008
- Taxa named by André Aptroot
- Taxa named by Harrie Sipman
- Taxa named by Robert Lücking
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.