Type of site
This article relies excessively on references to primary sources. (May 2011)
Cable News Network Business (known as CNN Business, formerly CNN Money) is a financial news and information website, operated by CNN. The website was originally formed as a joint venture between CNN.com and Time Warner's Fortune and Money magazines. Since the spin-off of Time Warner's publishing assets as Time Inc. (and their subsequent sale to Meredith Corporation and later, to IAC's Dotdash), the site has since operated as an affiliate of CNN.
Discover more about CNN Business related topics
CNN Money launched in 2001, replacing CNNfn's website. Time Warner had also announced an intention to relaunch the CNNfn television network under the CNN Money moniker, but those plans were apparently scrapped.
Prior to June 2014, the website was operated as a joint venture between CNN and two Time Warner-published business magazines; Fortune and Money. In June 2014, Time Warner's publishing assets were spun-out as Time Inc.; as a result, all three properties launched separate web presences, and CNN Money introduced a new logo that removed the wordmark of Money magazine from its branding. With the re-launch, CNN head Jeff Zucker also promised increased synergies between the website and the CNN channel, such as branded segments and the re-branding of CNN's weekly financial show Your Money as CNNMoney.
In October 2018, CNN re-launched the vertical as CNN Business; the new brand is focused on "digital transformation of business, and how it is disrupting every corner of the global economy". The relaunch came alongside the opening of a new San Francisco bureau. As with CNNMoney, it will be supported by branded segments on CNN television, as well as streaming content.
Discover more about History related topics
Source: "CNN Business", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 23rd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_Business.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "CNNfn To Become CNN MONEY" (Press release). Time Warner. January 31, 2001.
- ^ Merrill Knox. "New CNNMoney 'Will Be More Connected to CNN Television Than Ever'". TVNewser. Archived from the original on 5 June 2014. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- ^ Bazilian, Emma (June 1, 2014). "Fortune, Money Spinoff From CNNMoney.com - Both titles finally have stand-alone sites". Adweek.
- ^ Katz, A.J. (October 4, 2018). "CNN Business Launches Today With a New San Francisco Bureau". Adweek.
- All articles lacking reliable references
- All stub articles
- Articles lacking reliable references from May 2011
- Articles with short description
- Commons category link from Wikidata
- Economics and finance stubs
- Economics websites
- News website stubs
- Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.