Andrew G. Vajna
|Successor||The Halcyon Company|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Products||Motion pictures, television series and video games|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018)
C2 Pictures was an American independent media-entertainment company, it specialized in film and television production.
The company was established in 1998 by Carolco Pictures co-founders Andrew G. Vajna (who had formed Cinergi Pictures until it folded in this same year) and Mario Kassar. In 1999, VCL Communications and Toho-Towa were attached as partners on the then-upcoming feature film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The company assigned Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer the right to co-produce Basic Instinct 2. Both sequels were co-produced by international backer Intermedia.
The company's first production was action comedy film I Spy (2002). Though this film was the company's first, Kassar and Vajna's initial purpose for forming the new company was to resurrect the Terminator franchise. In 2008, the company fell into dormancy and eventually was dissolved.
Discover more about History related topics
|Release Date||Title||Director(s)||Production partner(s)||Distributor(s)||Budget||Box office|
|November 1, 2002||I Spy||Betty Thomas||Columbia Pictures,
Tall Trees Productions,
Sheldon Leonard Productions
|Sony Pictures Releasing||$70 million||$60.3 million|
|July 2, 2003||Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines||Jonathan Mostow||Columbia Pictures,
|Warner Bros. Pictures
Sony Pictures Releasing
|$187.3 million ($167.3 million excluding production overhead)||$433.3 million|
|March 31, 2006||Basic Instinct 2||Michael Caton-Jones||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer,
|Sony Pictures Releasing||$70 million||$38.6 million|
|November 10, 2006||Children of Glory||Krisztina Goda||N/A||Bunyik Entertainment
Discover more about Filmography related topics
|Year(s)||Title||Creator(s)||Production partner(s)||Distributor(s)||Original network||Other notes|
|2008||Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles||Josh Friedman||co-production with Sarah Connor Pictures, Bartleby Company and Warner Bros. Television||Warner Bros. Television Distribution||Fox||first season only|
Discover more about Television series related topics
Source: "C2 Pictures", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, April 30th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C2_Pictures.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Petrikin, Chris; Carver, Benedict (March 27, 1998). "Kassar & Vajna redux". Variety. Retrieved June 1, 2021.
- ^ Harris, Dana (July 12, 2000). "Cameron won't be back". Variety. Retrieved December 11, 2021.
- ^ DiOrio, Carl (August 16, 2000). "Lion rolls dice". Variety. Retrieved December 11, 2021.
- ^ DiOrio, Carl (July 6, 2003). "Arnold's back but B.O. isn't". Variety. Retrieved December 11, 2021.
- ^ Mario Kassar - Biography
- ^ a b "Movie I Spy - Box Office Data". The Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- ^ a b "IM :: Internationalmedia AG". April 3, 2012. Archived from the original on April 3, 2012. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- ^ Brodesser, Claude; Harris, Dana (January 3, 2002). "Sony has 'T3' o'seas". Variety. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- ^ "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved February 20, 2021.
- ^ "Basic Instinct 2 (2006) - Box Office Mojo". January 29, 2012. Archived from the original on January 29, 2012. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- 1998 establishments in the United States
- AC with 0 elements
- All Wikipedia articles written in American English
- All articles needing additional references
- All articles with unsourced statements
- Articles needing additional references from May 2018
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from August 2021
- C2 Pictures films
- Film production companies of the United States
- Mass media companies disestablished in 2008
- Mass media companies established in 1998
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Use American English from March 2021
- Use mdy dates from March 2021
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.