Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street station
|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
|Address||Bushwick Avenue & Aberdeen Street|
Brooklyn, NY 11207
|Coordinates||40°40′58″N 73°54′19″W / 40.682851°N 73.905158°WCoordinates: 40°40′58″N 73°54′19″W / 40.682851°N 73.905158°W|
|Line||BMT Canarsie Line|
|Services||L (all times)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||July 14, 1928|
|Rank||401 out of 424|
The Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street station is a station on the BMT Canarsie Line of the New York City Subway. Located in Bushwick, Brooklyn, it is served by the L train at all times.
Discover more about Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street station related topics
Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street, opened on July 14, 1928, as part of an extension of the Canarsie Line. This extension connected Montrose Avenue, which had opened four years earlier, to Broadway Junction, which was the western end of the already-operating elevated line to Canarsie.
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines|
|Westbound||← toward Eighth Avenue (Wilson Avenue)|
|Eastbound||toward Canarsie–Rockaway Parkway (Broadway Junction) →|
This station has two tracks and two side platforms. The side platforms are slightly curved and the two tracks are at different levels at the north end of the station, with the southbound tracks being higher due to their descent from an elevated stretch at Wilson Avenue.
Parchment brown replacement tiles can be observed. The pillars are covered in white tile, with mosaics on each one bearing the station's name, "Bushwick Aberdeen". The elaborate porcelain mosaic band is predominantly tan, peach, mauve and brown with yellow, cream, green, rosy beige, slate blue, indigo and black grape tiles in the center. In the mezzanine, there are also bright aqua tiles, as well as the above-mentioned brown replacements.
The single entrance to this underground station is in a small building on the north side of Bushwick Avenue between Aberdeen Street and DeSales Place. In this space are 11-foot (3.4 m) high coffered ceilings, suspended light fixtures, and fancy ironwork.
Discover more about Station layout related topics
Source: "Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street station", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwick_Avenue–Aberdeen_Street_station.
Get our FREE extension now!
L (New York City Subway service)
Bedford Avenue station
First Avenue station (BMT Canarsie Line)
Graham Avenue station
Halsey Street station (BMT Canarsie Line)
Wilson Avenue station
Myrtle–Wyckoff Avenues station
Sutter Avenue station
Atlantic Avenue station (BMT Canarsie Line)
Halsey Street station (BMT Jamaica Line)
Kosciuszko Street station
Central Avenue station (BMT Myrtle Avenue Line)
Grand Street station (BMT Canarsie Line)
Montrose Avenue station
Morgan Avenue station
DeKalb Avenue station (BMT Canarsie Line)
Jefferson Street station
14th Street/Eighth Avenue station
- ^ "Glossary". Second Avenue Subway Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS) (PDF). Vol. 1. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. March 4, 2003. pp. 1–2. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 26, 2021. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- ^ "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ a b "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ "Last Link of New 14th St-E.D. Subway To Be Opened Today: First Train This Afternoon Will Carry Officials – Citizens to Celebrate". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. July 14, 1928. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- ^ a b c d e f g "nycsubway.org: BMT Canarsie Line". www.nycsubway.org. Retrieved March 10, 2023.
- ^ "BUSHWICK-ABERDEEN STATION, Bushwick". forgotten-ny.com. November 12, 2014.
- ^ "MTA Neighborhood Maps: Ocean Hill" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- nycsubway.org – BMT Canarsie: Bushwick-Aberdeen
- Station Reporter — "L Train". stationreporter.net. Archived from the original on June 30, 2013.
- The Subway Nut — Bushwick Avenue–Aberdeen Street Pictures Archived July 6, 2020, at the Wayback Machine
- Bushwick Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View
- 1928 establishments in New York City
- All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify
- All articles with bare URLs for citations
- Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from August 2022
- Articles needing cleanup from August 2022
- Articles with bare URLs for citations from August 2022
- Articles with short description
- BMT Canarsie Line stations
- Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- New York City Subway station articles with outdated ridership data
- New York City Subway stations in Brooklyn
- New York City Subway stations located underground
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with bg color
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with pass year
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with wifi
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Railway stations in the United States opened in 1928
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Use mdy dates from August 2017
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.