Black Magic (comics)
|Publication date||Oct./Nov. 1950-Nov./Dec. 1961 (Prize)|
Oct./Nov. 1973-Apr./May. 1975 (DC)
|No. of issues||50 (Prize)|
|Created by||Joe Simon|
Black Magic was a horror anthology comic book series published by American company Prize Comics from 1950 to 1961. The series was packaged by the creative duo Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, and featured non-gory horror content.
After 50 issues as Black Magic, the title's numbering continued for three more issues as the humor comic Cool Cat before being canceled.
Discover more about Black Magic (comics) related topics
DC reprint title
In 1973–1975, DC Comics published a nine-issue series reprinting Simon–Kirby material from the earlier series. The new incarnation featured new covers with the same logo as the earlier issues of the Prize series. The reprint issues generally grouped the stories by theme; for example, all the stories in issue #1 dealt with intolerance toward human oddities, while all the stories in #4 were about death.
Source: "Black Magic (comics)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 10th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Magic_(comics).
Get our FREE extension now!
House of Mystery
Marvel Mystery Comics
Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane
Not Brand Echh
Weird War Tales
Our Fighting Forces
Tales of the Zombie
Tales of the Unexpected (comics)
Weird Mystery Tales
Blue Ribbon Comics
- ^ Schelly, William (2013). American Comic Book Chronicles: The 1950s. TwoMorrows Publishing. p. 43. ISBN 9781605490540.
- ^ Sacks, Jason; Dallas, Keith (2014). American Comic Book Chronicles: The 1970s. TwoMorrows Publishing. p. 114. ISBN 978-1605490564.
- Black Magic (Prize Comics) at the Grand Comics Database
- Black Magic (DC Comics) at the Grand Comics Database
- Black Magic (Prize) at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- Black Magic (DC) at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- 1950 comics debuts
- 1950 establishments in the United States
- 1961 comics endings
- 1973 comics debuts
- 1973 establishments in the United States
- All stub articles
- Articles with short description
- Comics magazines published in the United States
- Comics stubs
- Crestwood Publications titles
- DC Comics titles
- Fantasy comics
- Golden Age comics titles
- Horror comics
- Magazines disestablished in 1961
- Magazines disestablished in 1975
- Magazines established in 1950
- Magazines established in 1973
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Title pop
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.