|Coordinates: 40°46′7″N 75°34′26″W / 40.76861°N 75.57389°WCoordinates: 40°46′7″N 75°34′26″W / 40.76861°N 75.57389°W|
|Elevation||176 m (577 ft)|
|• Metro||865,310 (US: 68th)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area codes||610 and 484|
|GNIS feature ID||1169304|
Berlinsville is an unincorporated community in Lehigh Township in Northampton County, Pennsylvania. It is part of the Lehigh Valley metropolitan area, which had a population of 861,899 and was the 68th most populous metropolitan area in the U.S. as of the 2020 census.
Discover more about Berlinsville, Pennsylvania related topics
History and geography
The village is located at the intersection of Pennsylvania State Routes 248 and 946.
The village is named for the Berlin family. Abraham Berlin emigrated to Northampton County from the Palatinate region of Germany in 1738. Berlin settled in Easton, where he was a blacksmith by trade and during the Revolutionary War served as chairman of the Northampton County Committee of Safety. Berlin's grandson, Abraham Berlin III, who was born in Easton in 1777, later settled in what is now Berlinsville.
Discover more about History and geography related topics
Source: "Berlinsville, Pennsylvania", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 15th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlinsville,_Pennsylvania.
Get our FREE extension now!
Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
Allen Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Bethlehem Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Lehigh Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Moore Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Palmer Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Route 248
- ^ "Berlinsville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- ^ Northampton County Maps: Lehigh Township (PDF) (Map). PennDOT. 2022. Retrieved April 10, 2022.
- ^ Wright, James; Wright, Wright (1988). Place Names of Northampton County, Pennsylvania. Nazareth, Pennsylvania: J&L Wright. pp. 15–16.
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WorldCat-VIAF identifiers
- Articles with short description
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Pages with non-numeric formatnum arguments
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Unincorporated communities in Northampton County, Pennsylvania
- Unincorporated communities in Pennsylvania
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.