Beach 44th Street station
Beach 44 Street
|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
|Address||Beach 44th Street & Rockaway Freeway|
Queens, NY 11691
|Coordinates||40°35′35″N 73°46′34″W / 40.592928°N 73.775986°WCoordinates: 40°35′35″N 73°46′34″W / 40.592928°N 73.775986°W|
|Division||B (IND, formerly LIRR Far Rockaway Branch)|
|Line||IND Rockaway Line|
|Services||A (all times)|
|Transit||MTA Bus: Q22|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Rebuilt||June 28, 1956(as a Subway station)|
|Former/other names||Beach 44th Street–Frank Avenue|
|Rank||421 out of 424|
The Beach 44th Street station (signed as Beach 44th Street–Frank Avenue station) is a station on the IND Rockaway Line of the New York City Subway. It is served by the A train at all times.
Discover more about Beach 44th Street station related topics
Beach 44th Street–Frank Avenue was originally a trolley stop of the Ocean Electric Railway, which used a former segment of the Long Island Rail Road's Far Rockaway Branch tracks, until it became a Long Island Railroad Station in 1922. The station was relocated 758 feet east of its former location between August 2 and August 23, 1940 as part of a grade crossing elimination project between Beach 44th Street and Beach 47th Street. The new elevated station was opened on April 10, 1942.
The station was purchased by New York City on October 3, 1955, along with the rest of the Rockaway Beach Branch and Far Rockaway Branch west of Far Rockaway, after a fire on the line's crossing over Jamaica Bay in 1950. Now operated by the New York City Transit Authority, it reopened as a subway station along the IND Rockaway Line on June 28, 1956.
Discover more about History related topics
|Northbound||← toward Inwood–207th Street (Beach 60th Street)|
|Southbound||toward Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue (Beach 36th Street) →|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines|
There are two tracks and two side platforms.
This station has no closed exits, and the full-time fare control is at the middle of the platforms. Four stairs lead to the street, two on each western corner of Rockaway Freeway and Beach 44th Street.
Discover more about Station layout related topics
Source: "Beach 44th Street station", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_44th_Street_station.
Get our FREE extension now!
Rockaway Park Shuttle
Howard Beach–JFK Airport station
Rockaway Boulevard station
Aqueduct–North Conduit Avenue station
88th Street station
104th Street station (IND Fulton Street Line)
East 105th Street station
63rd Drive–Rego Park station
Beach 90th Street station
Beach 98th Street station
Beach 105th Street station
Rockaway Park–Beach 116th Street station
Beach 67th Street station
Beach 60th Street station
Beach 36th Street station
Beach 25th Street station
Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue station
Bedford–Nostrand Avenues station
- ^ "Glossary". Second Avenue Subway Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS) (PDF). Vol. 1. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. March 4, 2003. pp. 1–2. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 26, 2021. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- ^ "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ a b "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ "Last Grade Crossing In Rockaways Ends" (PDF). The New York Times. April 11, 1942. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- ^ "Pushes Grade Separation" (PDF). The New York Times. January 24, 1932. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- ^ a b Freeman, Ira Henry (June 28, 1956). "Rockaway Trains to Operate Today" (PDF). The New York Times. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- ^ "MTA Neighborhood Maps: The Rockaways" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- nycsubway.org – IND Rockaway: Beach 44th Street-Frank Avenue
- Station Reporter — A Rockaway
- Frank Avenue Station, 1955 (Arrt's Arrchives)
- The Subway Nut — Beach 44th Street-Frank Avenue Pictures Archived 2017-06-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Beach 44th Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View
- 1922 establishments in New York City
- 1956 establishments in New York City
- Articles with short description
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- IND Rockaway Line stations
- New York City Subway station articles with outdated ridership data
- New York City Subway stations in Queens, New York
- New York City Subway stations located aboveground
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with bg color
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with pass year
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Railway stations in the United States opened in 1922
- Railway stations in the United States opened in 1956
- Rockaway, Queens
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.