Beach 25th Street station
Beach 25 Street
|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
|Address||Beach 25th Street & Rockaway Freeway|
Queens, NY 11691
|Coordinates||40°36′0.22″N 73°45′41.12″W / 40.6000611°N 73.7614222°WCoordinates: 40°36′0.22″N 73°45′41.12″W / 40.6000611°N 73.7614222°W|
|Division||B (IND, formerly LIRR Far Rockaway Branch)|
|Line||IND Rockaway Line|
|Services||A (all times)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 1928LIRR station)(|
|Rebuilt||June 28, 1956(as a Subway station)|
|Former/other names||Beach 25th Street–Wavecrest|
|Rank||410 out of 424|
The Beach 25th Street station (signed as Beach 25th Street–Wavecrest station) is a station on the IND Rockaway Line of the New York City Subway, located in Queens on the Rockaway Freeway at Beach 25th Street. It is served by the A train at all times. There are two tracks and two side platforms.
Discover more about Beach 25th Street station related topics
The station was originally opened by the Long Island Rail Road in May 1928 as Wavecrest Station, and was closed and relocated 800 feet east of the former location in August 1940 as part of a grade elevation project. The elevated station was opened on April 10, 1942, but was closed on October 3, 1955. It was purchased by the New York City Transit Authority along with the rest of the line west to Rockaway Park, which reopened it as a subway station on June 28, 1956. This station was the terminal for the Far Rockaway branch until the opening of Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue station on January 16, 1958.
|Northbound||← toward Inwood–207th Street (Beach 36th Street)|
|Southbound||toward Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue (Terminus) →|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines|
This station is on a concrete viaduct with ballasted track.
Exit is near the center to the tiled mezzanine. The mezzanine is four stories high. Three stairs lead to the street, two to the southwestern corner and one to the northwestern corner of Rockaway Freeway and Beach 25th Street.
Discover more about Station layout related topics
Source: "Beach 25th Street station", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, February 8th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_25th_Street_station.
Get our FREE extension now!
Rockaway Park Shuttle
A (New York City Subway service)
Inwood–207th Street station
Rockaway Boulevard station
Second Avenue station
Aqueduct–North Conduit Avenue station
Neptune Avenue station
104th Street station (IND Fulton Street Line)
Ozone Park–Lefferts Boulevard station
Beach 90th Street station
Beach 98th Street station
Beach 105th Street station
Rockaway Park–Beach 116th Street station
Beach 67th Street station
Beach 60th Street station
Beach 44th Street station
Beach 36th Street station
Far Rockaway–Mott Avenue station
- ^ "Glossary". Second Avenue Subway Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement (SDEIS) (PDF). Vol. 1. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. March 4, 2003. pp. 1–2. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 26, 2021. Retrieved January 1, 2021.
- ^ "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ a b "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2014–2019". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- ^ "What The Wave Said 40 Years Ago This Week". Wave of Long Island. Fultonhistory.com. March 14, 1968. Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- ^ a b Freeman, Ira Henry (June 28, 1956). "Rockaway Trains to Operate Today" (PDF). The New York Times. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- ^ "LIRR Station History". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- ^ "New Subway Unit Ready: Far Rockaway IND Terminal Will Be Opened Today" (PDF). The New York Times. January 16, 1958. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- ^ "MTA Neighborhood Maps: The Rockaways" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- nycsubway.org – IND Rockaway: Beach 25th Street/Wavecrest
- Station Reporter — A Rockaway
- The Subway Nut — Beach 25th Street–Wavecrest Pictures Archived 2017-06-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Beach 25th Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View
- 1956 establishments in New York City
- Articles with short description
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- IND Rockaway Line stations
- New York City Subway station articles with outdated ridership data
- New York City Subway stations in Queens, New York
- New York City Subway stations located aboveground
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with bg color
- Pages using infobox New York City Subway station with pass year
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Railway stations in the United States opened in 1956
- Rockaway, Queens
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.