Battles of Sievierodonetsk (2014)
|Battles of Sieverodonetsk|
|Part of War in Donbas|
|Ukraine||Luhansk People's Republic|
||Army of the Southeast|
|Casualties and losses|
2 armored vehicles destroyed
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Battles of Sievierodonetsk were a series of battles between Ukrainian troops and Luhansk People's Republic formations during the war in Donbas in and around the Eastern Ukrainian cluster of cities of Rubizhne, Lysychansk, and Sieverodonetsk for control. Although the battle derives its namesake from the city, there was no fighting in Sieverodonetsk itself, in comparison to the successive battle in 2022.
Discover more about Battles of Sievierodonetsk (2014) related topics
On 22 May 2014 a convoy from the 30th Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine entered the city of Rubezhnoye. After that, it turned towards Lysychansk and Severodonetsk. Along the way, the convoy was fired upon with grenade launchers and small arms by LPR separatists from the detachment Pavel Leonidovich Dryomov. During the battle, Ukrainian Armed Forces lost two infantry fighting vehicles and a cargo Ural with an anti-aircraft gun in the back.
At the end of May 2014, there was heavy fighting between LPR separatists and units of the National Guard of Ukraine. The media reported on the use by the Ukrainian army of mortars, howitzers, Tulpan self-propelled mortars and Grad multiple launch rocket systems.
On 22 July 2014 the LPR separatists retreated from Severodonetsk. Units of the National Guard of Ukraine entered the city.
As of 23 July 2014, the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the National Guard of Ukraine continued to engage in street fighting with the separatists. According to the fighters of the National Guard, they found one howitzer, more than 50 kilograms of plastids, 15 high-explosive shells and other ammunition in the city. The fighting continued until 24 July, when in the city of Lisichansk, a Colonel of the NSU Alexander Vitalyevich Radievsky, who was posthumously awarded the rank of Major General, was killed by separatists.
Discover more about Timeline related topics
Source: "Battles of Sievierodonetsk (2014)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 28th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Sievierodonetsk_(2014).
Get our FREE extension now!
Russian people's militias in Ukraine
War in Donbas (2014–2022)
Luhansk People's Republic
Battle in Shakhtarsk Raion
Humanitarian situation during the war in Donbas
Luhansk Oblast Football Federation
Timeline of the war in Donbas (2014)
Eastern Ukraine campaign
Battle of Rubizhne
Battle of Donbas (2022–present)
Battle of Sievierodonetsk (2022)
Battle of Lysychansk
- ^ Украина и Новороссия 22 июля. Онлайн-репортаж (tr. "Ukraine and Novorossia on July 22. Online report") ria.ru
- ^ Пресс-служба ЛНР: ополченцы частично сдали Лисичанск и Северодонецк (tr. "Press service of the People's Republic of China: militias partially surrendered Lisichansk and Severodonetsk") ria.ru
- ^ Бои у луганского города Лисичанск продолжаются, сообщает Нацгвардия (tr. "Fighting near the Luhansk city of Lisichansk continues, according to the National Guard") ria.ru
- 2014 in Ukraine
- All articles with unsourced statements
- All stub articles
- Articles needing translation from Russian Wikipedia
- Articles needing translation from Ukrainian Wikipedia
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from March 2022
- Battles in 2014
- Battles involving the Luhansk People's Republic
- Battles of the war in Donbas
- Interlanguage link template existing link
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Ukraine stubs
- Wikipedia articles needing clarification from July 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.