Avi Melamed is an Israeli author, educator, and independent Middle East strategic intelligence analyst. Melamed is an author of two books entitled: Inside the Middle East: Making Sense of the Most Dangerous and Complicated Region on Earth (2016) and co-author of Separate and Unequal (1999).
Melamed is a former senior official on Arab affairs and an Israeli intelligence official. He is an expert on current affairs in the Muslim and Arab society and their effect on the Middle East and Israel. He also serves as the Fellow of Intelligence and Middle East Affairs for the Eisenhower Institute.
He has been involved in an array of intelligence field positions on behalf of Israeli government agencies and Israeli Defense Forces. Melamed is also known as the founder of Feenjan – Israel Speaks Arabic, an online medium for Arabs and Israelis to engage in various issues and discussions. The topics and discussions are centered on the latest trends of the Israeli culture and the Arab world in Arabic. Mr. Melamed writes about the Middle East on his blog https://www.avimelamed.com
Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs
Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies
Aaron David Miller
Judaization of Jerusalem
Center for Israel Studies (Jordan)
- "Inside the Middle East - Book Review". Palestine Chronicle. 18 August 2016.
- "Inside the Middle East Expert Avi Melamed Releases New Book". Eisenhower Institute. Archived from the original on 2018-10-23. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- Brownjuly/August 1999, L. Carl (28 January 2009). "Separate and Unequal: The Inside Story of Israeli Rule in East Jerusalem". Foreign Affairs.
- Lieberman, Randall P. "Middle East strategic intelligence expert speaks". Sun-Sentinel.
- "Former Israeli Government Expert on Arab-Israeli Affairs Gives Briefing in Ohio". Friends of the Israel Defense Forces.
- "'New York Times' tour of conflict is led by Israeli who works for AIPAC, Birthright, and Israeli army and prisons". Mondoweiss. 27 May 2015.
- "Avi Melamed - Inside the Middle East". PBS.
- Gerald M. Steinberg (2 July 1999). "Book review: SEPARATE AND UNEQUAL: The Inside Story of Israeli Rule in East Jerusalem". Jerusalem Post.
- Harrop, W.C. "Separate and Unequal: The Inside Story of Israeli Rule in East Jerusalem". Middle East Policy Council.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.