Artemivsk, Luhansk Oblast
Кипуче (in Ukrainian)
|Coordinates: 48°26′20″N 38°43′3″E / 48.43889°N 38.71750°ECoordinates: 48°26′20″N 38°43′3″E / 48.43889°N 38.71750°E|
|Country||Luhansk People's Republic|
|Control||Occupied by Luhansk People's Republic and Russia|
|Vehicle registration||BB / 13|
Kypuche (Ukrainian: Кипуче), formerly known as Artemovsk / Artemivsk (Ukrainian: Артемівськ, translit.: Artemivs’k, Russian: Артёмовск) is a city in the Perevalsk Raion of Luhansk Oblast in eastern Ukraine. Population: 7,162 (2022 est.), 7,506 (2013 est.).
The city has been under the control of the Lugansk People's Republic since 2014.
The city is located some 60k from Bakhmut, which was also formerly known as Artemovsk.
Discover more about Artemivsk, Luhansk Oblast related topics
The city was founded as Katerynivka (Ukrainian: Катеринівка) village in 1910 close to the railway station of Kypyche (Vigorous). Its name was changed to Artema in 1923 and to Artemivsk in 1938 in honor of Russian revolutionary and Stalinist figure Comrade Artyom.
From 2014 until its annexation by Russia in 2022, the city was occupied by pro-Russian forces of the Luhansk People's Republic.
On May 12, 2016, Ukraine's national parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, decided to restore the name of Kypuche as part of the country's decommunization process. However, the local authorities did not recognize the name change and Russia has continued not to after annexation.
Its major industry is coal mining. Southeast of Artemivsk.
Discover more about History related topics
Source: "Artemivsk, Luhansk Oblast", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 16th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemivsk,_Luhansk_Oblast.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ Чисельність наявного населення України на 1 січня 2022 [Number of Present Population of Ukraine, as of January 1, 2022] (PDF) (in Ukrainian and English). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
- ^ Чисельність наявного населення України [Actual population of Ukraine] (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- ^ Численность населения по состоянию на 1 октября 2015 года по Луганской Народной Республике (PDF) (in Russian). Luhansk People's Republic. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- ^ Офіційний портал Верховної Ради України
- ^ UNIAN
- 1910 establishments in Ukraine
- AC with 0 elements
- All articles with unsourced statements
- All stub articles
- Articles containing Russian-language text
- Articles containing Ukrainian-language text
- Articles with Ukrainian-language sources (uk)
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from June 2022
- CS1 Russian-language sources (ru)
- CS1 Ukrainian-language sources (uk)
- CS1 uses Russian-language script (ru)
- CS1 uses Ukrainian-language script (uk)
- Cities in Luhansk Oblast
- Cities of district significance in Ukraine
- City name changes in Ukraine
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata
- Luhansk Oblast geography stubs
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Pages with non-numeric formatnum arguments
- Populated places established in 1910
- Populated places established in the Russian Empire
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Soviet toponymy in Ukraine
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.