|Full name||Anargyros Kampetsis|
|Date of birth||6 May 1999|
|Place of birth||Athens, Greece|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2017–2018||Borussia Dortmund II||14||(0)|
|2021–2022||→ Willem II (loan)||17||(0)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 8 April 2022|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 13 November 2020
Argyris Kampetsis (Greek: Αργύρης Καμπετσής; born 6 May 1999), also known as Anargyros Kampetsis, is a Greek professional footballer who plays as a striker for Super League club Panathinaikos.
Discover more about Argyris Kampetsis related topics
Kampetsis started playing as a 5 year old for Aris Petroupolis and within 2 years, he was unearthed by AEK Athens legend Toni Savevski at a tournament in the Athens suburb of Pallini. After playing for AEK Athens Academies he moved to Olympiacos Academies where Kampetsis’ career really took off and went to the next level. His dominance, goal scoring record and all-round game at youth level could not be ignored, and as a result, he became a regular fixture in the youth teams of the Greece national football team setup. He attracted interest from top clubs from England, Germany and Italy but it was German giants Borussia Dortmund who made him the best offer. One that Olympiakos could not match as his playing time would not be guaranteed by then manager Paulo Bento.
He plays mainly as a forward, and joined Panathinaikos from the ranks of Borussia Dortmund II. Kampetsis made his first professional appearance for the team in the 2018–19 Super League game against Lamia on September 1, 2018. On 23 September 2018, he scored his first goal with the club in a 3–0 home win game against Levadiakos.
On 29 May 2021, Kampetsis is expected to continue his career in Süper Lig club Göztepe, for the amount of €500,000. Kampetsis has reached an agreement with the Turkish club, with whom he is expected to sign a three-year contract. Few months ago had renewed his contract with Panathinaikos until the summer of 2024. However, the deal fell through.
On 31 August 2021, he joined Willem II on a season-long loan, with a purchase option of €700,000.
Discover more about Club career related topics
- As of 22 February 2023
Discover more about Career statistics related topics
Source: "Argyris Kampetsis", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 28th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyris_Kampetsis.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "Kampetsis for four years in BVB Dortmund". 23 June 2017.
- ^ "GREENS IMPRESSIVE "KIDS" CONTINUE 100% START". 1 September 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- ^ "Παναθηναϊκός: Στην τελική ευθεία του Καμπετσή στην Γκεζτεπέ". sport24. 29 May 2021. Retrieved 29 May 2021.
- ^ "Παναθηναϊκός: Επίσημο του Καμπετσή στη Βίλεμ" (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. 31 August 2021.
- Argyris Kampetsis at Soccerway
- 1999 births
- Articles containing Greek-language text
- Articles with short description
- Association football midfielders
- Borussia Dortmund II players
- CS1 Greek-language sources (el)
- Commons category link from Wikidata
- Eredivisie players
- Expatriate footballers in Germany
- Expatriate footballers in the Netherlands
- Footballers from Athens
- Greece under-21 international footballers
- Greece youth international footballers
- Greek expatriate footballers
- Greek expatriate sportspeople in Germany
- Greek expatriate sportspeople in the Netherlands
- Greek footballers
- Living people
- Panathinaikos F.C. players
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Super League Greece players
- Willem II (football club) players
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.