Anna Watson (comics)
|First appearance||The Amazing Spider-Man #15 (August 1964)|
|Created by||Stan Lee|
|Supporting character of||Spider-Man|
Anna May Watson is a fictional character, a supporting character of Spider-Man.
The character, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #15. Her first appearance helped foreshadow the first appearance of Mary Jane Watson as Mary Jane would be referenced as the niece of Anna.
Fictional character biography
Anna Watson is depicted as Mary Jane Watson's aunt, an old friend of Aunt May, and a recurring character in various Spider-Man titles. She is depicted as filling the same role of surrogate mother in Mary Jane's life as May does for Peter Parker. For a period of time when May was believed to be dead, she moved in with Peter and Mary Jane. While initially very supportive of her niece's husband, she becomes suspicious with Peter's long absences and unreliability occasionally.
In other media
- Anna Watson appears in the 1994 Spider-Man TV series, voiced by Majel Barrett. She continuously voices her disapproval of Peter Parker due to his absences and his attraction for danger.
- Anna Watson appears in the TV series The Spectacular Spider-Man, voiced by Kath Soucie. Much like the comics, she colludes with May to have Peter and Mary Jane meet.
- Anna Watson is mentioned in the Marvel's Spider-Man episode "Horizon High".
Discover more about In other media related topics
Source: "Anna Watson (comics)", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 12th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Watson_(comics).
Get our FREE extension now!
Mary Jane Watson
Swarm (Marvel Comics)
Spider-Man (Ultimate Marvel character)
List of Spider-Man supporting characters
List of The Spectacular Spider-Man characters
Anna Maria Marconi
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
- ^ Cowsill, Alan; Manning, Matthew K. (2012). Spider-Man Chronicle: Celebrating 50 Years of Web-Slinging. DK Publishing. p. 42. ISBN 978-0756692360.
- ^ DeFalco, Tom; Sanderson, Peter; Brevoort, Tom; Teitelbaum, Michael; Wallace, Daniel; Darling, Andrew; Forbeck, Matt; Cowsill, Alan; Bray, Adam (2019). The Marvel Encyclopedia. DK Publishing. p. 402. ISBN 978-1-4654-7890-0.
- ^ "75 Most Iconic Marvel Comics Moments: #60-46". Comicbook.com. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- ^ "25 Things Only True Fans Know About Spider-Man And Mary Jane's Relationship". ScreenRant. 21 July 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- ^ "Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies". www.bleedingcool.com. 19 October 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Articles with short description
- Character pop
- Characters created by Stan Lee
- Characters created by Steve Ditko
- Comics characters introduced in 1964
- Comics templates parameter noimage in use
- Fictional characters from New York City
- Marvel Comics female characters
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Spider-Man characters
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.