|Full name||Alejandro Balde Martínez|
|Date of birth||18 October 2003|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 19:35, 28 January 2023 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 6 December 2022
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, to a Guinean father and a Dominican mother, Balde joined FC Barcelona in 2011 at the age of eight after coming up through ranks at RCD Espanyol. In July 2021, he signed a contract renewal with Barcelona until 2024 with a release clause of 500 million euros.
Balde impressed during pre-season in the summer 2021, and began the new campaign as Jordi Alba's primary back-up at Camp Nou. He sat on the bench for the opening match against Real Sociedad and the next game against Athletic Bilbao.On 14 September 2021, he played his first official match for Barcelona's first team replacing Alba in the 74th minute of a 3–0 loss to Bayern Munich in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
Discover more about Club career related topics
Balde received a surprised call up to the Spain national football team two days before the start of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, as fellow left-back José Gayà had injured his ankle in training. On 23 November 2022, he made his first international appearance in a 7–0 win against Costa Rica, substituting Jordi Alba in the 64th minute.
Discover more about International career related topics
- As of match played 28 January 2023
|Barcelona B||2020–21||Segunda División B||15||0||—||—||1[a]||0||16||0|
|2021–22||Primera División RFEF||14||0||—||—||0||0||14||0|
- As of match played 6 December 2022
Discover more about Career statistics related topics
- "Alejandro Balde Martínez". FC Barcelona. Retrieved 14 August 2021.
- "Alejandro Balde". www.fcbarcelona.com. Retrieved 26 September 2021.
- "Alejandro Balde: A great opportunity for the la Masia left back". sport.es. 13 July 2021.
- Rogé, Albert (12 November 2020). "Profile: Electric Alejandro Balde has a lot to offer". sport.
- Soldevila, Adrià (11 August 2021). "Alejandro Balde: Barcelona's 'spectacular' teenage left-back with a €500m release clause". Goal. Archived from the original on 13 August 2021.
- "Barca tie down Alejandro Balde, their Jordi Alba backup". sport.es. 22 July 2021.
- "Barcelona vs Real Sociedad lineup in LaLiga". fotmob.
- "Athletic Club vs Barcelona lineup in LaLiga". fotmob.
- "Champions League vs Barcelona".
- "Xavi on Balde: An 18-year-old playing at this level never ceases to amaze". sport.es. 17 September 2022.
- Marsden, Sam; Llorens, Moises (18 November 2022). "World Cup 2022: Barcelona youngster Alejandro Balde replaces injured Jose Gaya in Spain squad". ESPN. Retrieved 18 November 2022.
- Alejandro Balde at Soccerway
- "Alejandro Balde". EU-Football.info. Retrieved 27 November 2022.
- "Spanish Super Cup: Barcelona beat Real Madrid". BBC Sport. 15 January 2023.
- 2003 births
- 2022 FIFA World Cup players
- All stub articles
- Articles with short description
- Association football defenders
- European sportspeople of Bissau-Guinean descent
- European sportspeople of Dominican Republic descent
- FC Barcelona Atlètic players
- FC Barcelona players
- Footballers from Barcelona
- La Liga players
- Living people
- Pages using national squad without sport or team link
- Primera Federación players
- Segunda División B players
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Spain international footballers
- Spain under-21 international footballers
- Spain youth international footballers
- Spanish football defender stubs
- Spanish footballers
- Spanish people of Bissau-Guinean descent
- Spanish people of Dominican Republic descent
- Spanish sportspeople of African descent
- Use dmy dates from November 2022
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.