Achter de Kazerne
Achter de Kazerne
|Location||Kleine Nieuwedijk 53, Mechelen, Belgium|
The AFAS Stadion is a football stadium in Mechelen, Belgium. It is used for football matches and is the home ground of KV Mechelen. Currently, the ground has a capacity of 16,672. The stadium is called Achter de Kazerne, which means "Behind the Army Barracks". It is called this because the stadium was once located behind an army base.
In the past it was called Scarletstadion (2003–2006) after the stadium's sponsor Scarlet. It was the first commercialised stadium name in Belgium. After this, Veolia took over the deal (2006–2009) followed by Argos Oil until May 2015. AFAS Software started with a sponsorship deal and is currently the name-holder of Achter de Kazerne. A major reconstruction of the stadium started in 2015 and finished in 2020.
AZ, a team from Alkmaar, Netherlands, also plays in an AFAS-sponsored stadium.
Coordinates: 51°02′14″N 4°29′11″E / 51.037184°N 4.486397°E
Discover more about Achter de Kazerne related topics
Source: "Achter de Kazerne", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 11th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achter_de_Kazerne.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "AFAS Stadion, dé thuis van KV Mechelen".
- ^ KV Mechelen geeft stadion nieuwe naam, gva.be, 19 september 2009
- ^ "Stadion Rondleidingen".
- ^ "New construction: Express delivery in Mechelen". stadiumdb.com. 1 April 2016.
- ^ "AFAS STADION EVENTS".
- www.afasstadion.be Official website AFAS Stadion (Dutch)
- www.kvmechelen.be Official website KV Mechelen (Dutch)
- All articles with unsourced statements
- All stub articles
- Articles with short description
- Articles with unsourced statements from February 2016
- Belgian sports venue stubs
- Buildings and structures in Mechelen
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- Football venues in Flanders
- Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata
- K.V. Mechelen
- Pages using the Kartographer extension
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Sports venues in Antwerp Province
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.