|Born||18 July 1972|
Abel Korzeniowski (Polish pronunciation: [ˈabɛl koʐɛˈɲɔfski]; born 18 July 1972) is a Polish composer of film and theatre scores.
Life and career
Korzeniowski was born in Kraków. He had contact with music from early childhood: his mother Barbara plays the cello and both his brothers Antoni and Andrzej are musicians. He graduated from the Academy of Music in Kraków majoring in cello and composer studies under the supervision of Krzysztof Penderecki. He won acclaim as the composer of music for films and theatre plays and received a Ludwik Award (Nagroda Ludwika) in 2009.
Korzeniowski is a composer of film scores for several Polish films: Big Animal, Tomorrow's Weather, An Angel in Krakow, as well as Hollywood productions: Battle for Terra, Pu-239, Tickling Leo, A Single Man and W.E..
He won a San Diego Film Critics Society Award in 2009 for the Best score in A Single Man and was nominated for a 2009 Golden Globe in the best original score category for the same film. In 2012, he was nominated for Best Original Score for the film W.E., at the 69th Golden Globe Awards.
In 2012, Korzeniowski arranged Patricia Kaas’s album, Kaas chante Piaf, which was recorded as a tribute to Edith Piaf.
Discover more about Life and career related topics
- Emily (2022)
- Till (2022)
- The Courier (2020)
- The Nun (2018)
- Nocturnal Animals (2016)
- A Grain of Truth (2014)
- Penny Dreadful (2014–16) (television series)
- Romeo & Juliet (2013)
- Escape from Tomorrow (2013)
- Kaas chante Piaf (2012)
- W.E. (2012)
- Copernicus' Star (2011)
- A Single Man (2009)
- Tickling Leo (2009)
- Confessions of a Go-Go Girl (2008)
- What We Take from Each Other (2008)
- Battle for Terra (2007)
- Pu-239 (2007)
- Metropolis (new score 2004)
- Tomorrow's Weather (2003)
- An Angel in Cracow (2002)
- The Big Animal (2000)
Discover more about Works related topics
Awards and nominations
- 2015 British Academy Television Craft Awards (BAFTA) for Best Original Television Music – Penny Dreadful
- 2013 International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) for Film Composer of the Year – Romeo and Juliet, Escape from Tomorrow
- 2013 International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) for Best Original Score for a Drama Film – Romeo and Juliet
- 2013 International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) for Film Score of the Year – Romeo and Juliet
- 2011 CUE Awards 2011 Best Dramatic Score and Best Cue on Soundtrack – W.E. ("Dance for Me, Wallis").
- 2010 World Soundtrack Award 2010 Public Choice and Discovery Of The Year – A Single Man
- 2010 The International Cinephile Society 2010 (ICS) for Best Original Score – A Single Man
- 2010 AFT Awards 2010 for Best Original Score – A Single Man
- 2009 International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) for Best Original Score for a Drama Film – A Single Man
- 2009 San Diego Film Critics Society 2009 for Best Score – A Single Man
- 2005 Golden Knight Award 2005 for Best Composer – Tomorrow's Weather
- 2002 Jancio Wodnik Award 2002 for Best Music – An Angel in Cracow
- 2002 Ludwik Award 2002 for Best Music for Theater Play – Kafka
- 2016 Anthony Asquith Award for Best Original Score for the film – Nocturnal Animals
- 2015 IFMCA Award Nominations 2014 for Best Original Score for a Television Series – Penny Dreadful
- 2011 Golden Globe Nominations 2012 for Best Original Score – W.E.
- 2011 IFMCA Award Nominations 2011 for Best Original Score for a Drama Film – W.E.
- 2010 World Soundtrack Academy 2010 for Best Original Film Score of the Year – A Single Man
- 2009 Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score - A Single Man
- 2001 Golden Ducks Award 2001 for Best Film Composer
- 2000 Golden Lions Award 2000 for Best Music for Film – The Big Animal
Discover more about Awards and nominations related topics
Source: "Abel Korzeniowski", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, November 29th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abel_Korzeniowski.
Get our FREE extension now!
A Single Man
International Film Music Critics Association
Nino Rota discography
Romeo and Juliet (1968 film soundtrack)
List of awards and nominations received by Alexandre Desplat
List of awards and nominations received by Michael Giacchino
- ^ Billboard Staff (2011-12-15). "Madonna's 'W.E.' Lands 2 Golden Globe Nominations". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- ^ "Full List of Golden Globes 2012 Winners". The Herald Sun. The McClatchy Company. 2012-01-16. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- ^ "Television Craft in 2015 | BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org.
- ^ a b c March 25th, hmcscarlet-; great, 2014 at 9:34 am I’m so glad that the group decided to invest in a nice award for the top prize! It looks; job, increases the meaning/value of the Composer of the Year award Great; Together, So Glad the Group Could Come; Happen!, Agree to Pitch in to Make Something Like This (March 24, 2014). "Abel Korzeniowski receives IFMCA Awards for Romeo & Juliet, Composer of the Year".
- ^ Awards, World Soundtrack. "World Soundtrack Awards". World Soundtrack Awards.
- ^ Stevens, Beth (June 14, 2010). "2010 ICS Award Winners". International Cinephile Society.
- ^ "AFT Awards: Best Original Score".
- ^ "IFMCA announces winners of 2009 Awards". March 1, 2010.
- Official Website
- Abel Korzeniowski at IMDb
- Interview with Abel Korzeniowski about his career until 2009
- 1972 births
- Alumni of the Academy of Music in Kraków
- Articles with BNE identifiers
- Articles with BNF identifiers
- Articles with GND identifiers
- Articles with ISNI identifiers
- Articles with J9U identifiers
- Articles with LCCN identifiers
- Articles with MusicBrainz identifiers
- Articles with NKC identifiers
- Articles with PLWABN identifiers
- Articles with SUDOC identifiers
- Articles with VIAF identifiers
- Articles with WORLDCATID identifiers
- Articles with hCards
- Articles with short description
- Commons category link is on Wikidata
- Living people
- Male film score composers
- Musicians from Kraków
- Polish composers
- Polish film score composers
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.