2023 Super Formula Championship
The 2023 Japanese Super Formula Championship will be the fifty-first season of premier Japanese open-wheel motor racing, and the eleventh under the moniker of Super Formula. It is scheduled to start in April 2023 and is due to be contested over seven race meetings.
Tomoki Nojiri enters the season as the defending series champion.
Teams and drivers
All teams use identical Dallara-built SF19 chassis. For 2023, an updated bodywork package is set to be introduced to the SF19. It will incorporate more sustainable materials, and produce less dirty air.
|Kondō Racing||Toyota||3||Kenta Yamashita|
|ROOKIE Racing||14||Kazuya Oshima|
|Team Impul||19||Yuhi Sekiguchi|
|Kuo Vantelin Team TOM’S||36||TBA|
- 2022 Super Formula Lights champion Kazuto Kotaka was promoted to Super Formula as one of Kondō Racing's two drivers. He replaced Sacha Fenestraz, who focused on his Nissan Formula E commitment.
Discover more about Teams and drivers related topics
The provisional calendar was announced on 8 August 2022. After three weekends were made to double-header events in 2022, the season opener and finale were both announced to have two races again.
|1||Fuji Speedway||Oyama, Shizuoka||7–9 April|
|3||Suzuka International Racing Course||Suzuka, Mie||21–23 April|
|4||Autopolis||Hita, Oita||19–21 May|
|5||Sportsland SUGO||Shibata, Miyagi||16–18 June|
|6||Fuji Speedway||Oyama, Shizuoka||14–16 July|
|7||Mobility Resort Motegi||Motegi, Tochigi||18–20 August|
|8||Suzuka International Racing Course||Suzuka, Mie||27–29 October|
Discover more about Race calendar related topics
Source: "2023 Super Formula Championship", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, November 30th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Super_Formula_Championship.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ""SUPER FORMULA NEXT 50" Project Start Announcement Japan Race Promotion, Honda, and TOYOTA are the core members of a newly formed mobility & entertainment technical development partnership | SUPER FORMULA Official Website". superformula.net. Retrieved 2022-01-22.
- "2023 Race Schedule | SUPER FORMULA Official Website". superformula.net. Retrieved 2022-08-08.
- "Super Formula reveals 2023 bodywork in Suzuka test". www.motorsport.com. Retrieved 2022-10-26.
- "TOYOTA GAZOO Racing announced its 2023 motorsport team setups". Toyota Gazoo Racing. 25 November 2021. Retrieved 25 November 2022.
- "Nissan announces Nato and Fenestraz for Season 9". FIA Formula E. Retrieved 2022-11-25.
- "Super Formula outlines 2023 calendar". www.motorsport.com. Retrieved 2022-08-08.
- "2023年全日本レース選手権カレンダー". motorsports.jaf.or.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2022-11-30.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.