2021 Gran Premio d'Italia
|2021 Gran Premio d'Italia|
|Date:||November 5 – 7|
|Host:||Federazione Italiana Sport del Ghiaccio|
|Men's singles: |
|Women's singles: |
|Pair skating: |
Sui Wenjing / Han Cong
|Ice dance: |
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
|Previous GP: |
2021 Skate Canada International
|Next GP: |
2021 NHK Trophy
The 2021 Gran Premio d'Italia was the third event in the 2021–22 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating, a senior-level international invitational competition series. It was held at the Torino Palavela in Turin on November 5–7. It was the replacement event for Cup of China. Medals were awarded in the disciplines of men's singles, women's singles, pairs, and ice dance. Skaters earned points toward qualifying for the 2021–22 Grand Prix Final.
On August 27, 2021, the International Skating Union announced that the Gran Premio d'Italia would replace Cup of China, which was cancelled on August 16 due to travel restrictions and quarantine requirements related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an attempt to preserve the Grand Prix series, the ISU asked for other ISU members to apply as hosts on the originally scheduled dates. In addition to the successful bid from the Federazione Italiana Sport del Ghiaccio (Turin), the ISU received applications from the Hungarian Skating Federation (Debrecen) and U.S. Figure Skating (Norwood, Massachusetts).
At the time of Cup of China's cancellation, the Figure Skating Federation of Russia expressed confidence in the ISU's ability to find a replacement, but declined to bid itself. The last time the event was cancelled, in 2018, Cup of China was replaced by the Grand Prix of Helsinki.
Discover more about 2021 Gran Premio d'Italia related topics
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating
2021–22 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating
2021 Cup of China
2021–22 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
International Skating Union
International figure skating
Italian Ice Sports Federation
Figure Skating Federation of Russia
2018 Grand Prix of Helsinki
The International Skating Union announced the preliminary assignments on June 29, 2021. The Gran Premio d'Italia assignments were updated on September 10; the Chinese Skating Association's not-yet-assigned host spots (one in pairs and one in ice dance) as of Cup of China's cancellation were reallocated to the Federazione Italiana Sport del Ghiaccio. Subsequent withdrawals by Chinese skaters were also replaced by Italian skaters.
Changes to preliminary assignments
|Men||September 21||Yan Han||October 1||Gabriele Frangipani||Host pick|||
|Women||Lin Shan||Lara Naki Gutmann|||
|Pairs||N/A||Sara Conti / Niccolò Macii|||
|Ice dance||Carolina Portesi Peroni / Michael Chrastecky|||
|October 11||Carolina Portesi Peroni / Michael Chrastecky||October 11||Carolina Moscheni / Francesco Fioretti||Injury (Portesi Peroni)|
|Women||October 19||Chen Hongyi||October 20||Lucrezia Beccari||Host pick|||
|October 26||Bradie Tennell||October 27||Nicole Schott||Injury|
Discover more about Entries related topics
|5||Cha Jun-hwan||South Korea||247.74||3||95.56||6||152.18|
|WD||Paul Fentz||Germany||withdrew||11||57.17||withdrew from competition|
|6||Kim Ye-lim||South Korea||193.50||7||62.78||6||130.72|
|8||Lim Eun-soo||South Korea||179.58||6||67.03||8||112.55|
|11||Lara Naki Gutmann||Italy||158.57||11||54.83||11||103.74|
|1||Sui Wenjing / Han Cong||China||224.55||1||80.07||1||144.48|
|2||Peng Cheng / Jin Yang||China||211.86||2||76.71||2||135.15|
|3||Iuliia Artemeva / Mikhail Nazarychev||Russia||187.01||4||61.90||3||125.11|
|4||Nicole Della Monica / Matteo Guarise||Italy||179.26||3||65.12||4||114.14|
|5||Rebecca Ghilardi / Filippo Ambrosini||Italy||165.45||5||60.89||6||104.56|
|6||Alina Pepeleva / Roman Pleshkov||Russia||162.71||7||52.72||5||109.99|
|7||Sara Conti / Niccolò Macii||Italy||152.72||6||54.55||7||98.17|
|WD||Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel||Germany||withdrew||8||49.16||withdrew from competition|
|1||Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron||France||220.06||1||87.45||1||132.61|
|2||Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue||United States||207.90||2||84.79||2||123.11|
|3||Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin||Russia||202.18||3||81.47||3||120.71|
|4||Wang Shiyue / Liu Xinyu||China||184.59||5||73.28||4||111.31|
|5||Caroline Green / Michael Parsons||United States||178.26||4||75.60||6||102.66|
|6||Evgeniia Lopareva / Geoffrey Brissaud||France||174.63||6||67.31||5||107.32|
|7||Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus||Canada||163.86||8||63.40||7||100.46|
|8||Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck||Germany||159.97||7||63.41||9||95.56|
|9||Chen Hong / Sun Zhuoming||China||158.12||9||62.37||8||95.75|
|10||Carolina Moscheni / Francesco Fioretti||Italy||140.83||10||55.79||10||85.04|
Discover more about Results related topics
Source: "2021 Gran Premio d'Italia", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, June 26th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Gran_Premio_d'Italia.
Get our FREE extension now!
- ^ "ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Cup of China 2021 cancelled". International Skating Union. August 16, 2021.
- ^ "Third ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event moves from Chongqing (CHN) to Torino (ITA)". International Skating Union. August 27, 2021.
- ^ Astakhov, Sergey (August 16, 2021). "В ФФККР отреагировали на отмену этапа Гран-при по фигурному катанию в Китае" [FFKKR responded to the cancellation of the Grand Prix of Figure Skating in China]. RIA Novosti (in Russian).
- ^ "ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2021/22 assignments announced". International Skating Union. June 29, 2021.
- ^ a b "ISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 2021: Men". International Skating Union. September 10, 2021.
- ^ a b c "ISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 2021: Women". International Skating Union. September 10, 2021.
- ^ a b "ISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 2021: Pairs". International Skating Union. September 10, 2021.
- ^ a b "ISU GP Gran Premio D'Italia 2021: Ice Dance". International Skating Union. September 10, 2021.
- ^ Portesi Peroni, Carolina [@carolinaportesi] (October 6, 2021). "Purtroppo la vita a volte decide di metterti davanti tanti ostacoli…" [Unfortunately, life sometimes decides to put you in front of so many obstacles...] (in Italian) – via Instagram.
- ^ "Bradie Tennell Withdraws from Gran Premio d'Italia". U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone. U.S. Figure Skating. October 26, 2021.
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.