2006 Wyoming gubernatorial election
Freudenthal: 50–60% 60–70% 70–80% 80–90%
|Elections in Wyoming|
|Secretary of State elections|
|House of Representatives elections|
The 2006 Wyoming gubernatorial election took place on November 7, 2006. Incumbent Democratic Governor Dave Freudenthal won re-election in a landslide over Republican Ray Hunkins, becoming the first Democrat since 1910 to win every county in the state. As of 2022[update], this was the last time a Democrat was elected to statewide office in Wyoming, the last time a Democrat carried every county in the state, the last gubernatorial election in which a Democrat received more than 30% of the vote, and the last statewide election in which a Democrat received more than 45% of the vote.
- Dave Freudenthal, incumbent Governor of Wyoming
- Al Hamburg, perennial candidate
|Democratic||Dave Freudenthal (incumbent)||26,550||89.66|
- Ray Hunkins, attorney and rancher
- John H. Self
|Republican||John H. Self||17,598||25.36|
|The Cook Political Report||Solid D||November 6, 2006|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe D||November 6, 2006|
|Rothenberg Political Report||Safe D||November 2, 2006|
|Real Clear Politics||Safe D||November 6, 2006|
|Rasmussen||July 20, 2006||58%||29%|
|Rasmussen||May 8, 2006||52%||29%|
|Democratic||Dave Freudenthal (incumbent)||135,516||69.99%||+20.03%|
Discover more about General election related topics
Source: "2006 Wyoming gubernatorial election", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 6th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Wyoming_gubernatorial_election.
Get our FREE extension now!
2006 Tennessee gubernatorial election
2006 Rhode Island gubernatorial election
2010 United States gubernatorial elections
2010 Wyoming gubernatorial election
2008 United States Senate special election in Wyoming
2012 United States Senate election in Wyoming
2002 Wyoming gubernatorial election
2014 Nevada gubernatorial election
2014 Wyoming gubernatorial election
2016 United States House of Representatives election in Wyoming
2018 United States Senate election in Wyoming
2020 United States Senate election in Wyoming
2022 United States gubernatorial elections
2020 United States House of Representatives election in Wyoming
2022 Wyoming gubernatorial election
2022 Vermont gubernatorial election
2010 Wyoming elections
- ^ "Democratic Statewide Candidates Official Summary - Wyoming Primary Election - August 22, 2006" (PDF). Wyoming Secretary of State.
- ^ "Republican Statewide Candidates Official Summary - Wyoming Primary Election - August 22, 2006" (PDF). Wyoming Secretary of State.
- ^ "2006 Governor Race Ratings for November 6, 2006" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 5, 2008. Retrieved October 1, 2006.
- ^ "Election Eve 2006: THE FINAL PREDICTIONS". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "2006 Gubernatorial Ratings". Senate Ratings. The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "Election 2006". Real Clear Politics. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "Statewide Candidates Official Summary - Wyoming General Election - November 7, 2006" (PDF). Wyoming Secretary of State.
- Official campaign websites
- 2006 United States gubernatorial elections
- 2006 Wyoming elections
- All articles containing potentially dated statements
- All stub articles
- Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2022
- Articles with short description
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Western United States election stubs
- Wyoming gubernatorial elections
- Wyoming stubs
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.