2006 United States Senate election in Mississippi
Lott: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80% 80–90%
Fleming: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
|Elections in Mississippi|
|Attorney General elections|
The 2006 United States Senate election in Mississippi was held November 7, 2006. Incumbent Republican Trent Lott won re-election to a fourth term.
- Bill Bowlin, business consultant and Republican nominee for MS-01 in 1990
- Erik R. Fleming, State Representative
- James O'Keefe, businessman
- Catherine Starr, activist
|Democratic||Erik R. Fleming||46,185||44.07|
|Democratic||Erik R. Fleming||19,477||64.99|
Discover more about Democratic primary related topics
- Erik R. Fleming (D), State Representative
- Trent Lott (R), incumbent U.S. Senator
- Harold Taylor (L)
Lott ran for re-election without facing any opposition in his party's primary. While it had been speculated that Lott might retire after his home was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina, he instead chose to run for re-election. Fleming is an African American, which represents 37% of the state's population. However, no African American has ever been elected to statewide office. The last black U.S. Senator was Hiram Revels, who was appointed and took office in 1870. Fleming got little help from the DSCC, which only donated $15,000 to his campaign.
|The Cook Political Report||Solid R||November 6, 2006|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe R||November 6, 2006|
|Rothenberg Political Report||Safe R||November 6, 2006|
|Real Clear Politics||Safe R||November 6, 2006|
|Republican||Trent Lott (incumbent)||388,399||63.58|
|Democratic||Erik R. Fleming||213,000||34.87|
Discover more about General election related topics
Source: "2006 United States Senate election in Mississippi", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 26th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_United_States_Senate_election_in_Mississippi.
Get our FREE extension now!
1988 United States Senate elections
2008 United States Senate elections
Erik R. Fleming
2006 United States Senate election in New Mexico
2006 United States Senate election in Hawaii
2008 United States Senate election in New Hampshire
2008 United States Senate election in Colorado
2008 United States Senate election in Texas
2008 United States Senate election in Mississippi
2008 United States Senate special election in Mississippi
2012 United States Senate election in Mississippi
1994 United States Senate election in Mississippi
1988 United States Senate election in Mississippi
2020 United States Senate election in Mississippi
2019 Mississippi gubernatorial election
2020 United States House of Representatives elections in Mississippi
- ^ State Rec
- ^ Our Campaigns - MS US Senate-D Primary Run-Off Race - Jun 27, 2006
- ^ FOXNews.com - Fleming runs low-budget Miss. challenge of Cochran - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
- ^ "2006 Senate Race Ratings for November 6, 2006" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 5, 2008. Retrieved September 30, 2021.
- ^ "Election Eve 2006: THE FINAL PREDICTIONS". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "2006 Senate Ratings". Senate Ratings. The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "Election 2006". Real Clear Politics. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- Orey, Byron D'Andra. "Racial Threat, Republicanism, and the Rebel Flag: Trent Lott and the 2006 Mississippi Senate Race," National Political Science Review July 2009, Vol. 12, pp. 83-96
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.